WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    DW Beetle-Buckles

Loving the Superfly

Just wanted to drop a note about my Warbonnet Superfly tarp experience. I have a hex tarp but was wanting a tarp with doors for a cold-weather trip I took recently where I was concerned about weather/rain and needing that extra protection. I ordered it and had it within a week's time (thanks!) I got the 20D Sil-poly option in Olive Brown.
    IMG_20180313_183258804_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20180312_174706375.jpg
    The Superfly worked tremendously well on my trip - both nights dipped near freezing and had that chilly wind to go along with it...I was able to close off the tarp easily and pitch it low to keep a lot of the wind out. On a calmer evening, when I wanted to open up one end, I used some small twigs to tie the doors back to the side-pullouts. During my late afternoon around-camp-lounging times I would go over the tarp/setup and really got to take a look at the stitching and construction and it is very well-made...performed admirably and I think this will be my year-round tarp...

Thanks Warbonnet for the quick delivery and great product!

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Yes, indeed.. Love the superfly... Have fun messin with different setup configurations... Congrats!!
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    You love it now... Just wait until you try the pole mods

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan View Post
    Just wait until you try the pole mods
    A great addition! I was lucky to get in on the initial $15 price, but well worth twice that.

I have an old 30D silnylon that I keep thinking about upgrading to poly, but it's just been so reliable I can't pull the trigger. Poly is so much nicer though due to less sagging. I really notice the difference when I switch between this and my poly mamajamba.

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    It's a funny balance. I went from trying to find the smallest tarp possible to using the SuperFly year round. I'd rather have protection from mother nature than save weight. It's a great tarp. I've spent hours in porch mode through a rainy day and it's shielded me from wind carrying snow, rain etc. I love this tarp!

I used my superfly this weekend in Tennessee. Got caught in a severe t-storm. Didn’t have the pole mod. I noticed dripping on my Blackbird and quilt. I don’t think this was leaking. The wind was pushing the tarp against my hammock and I suspect condensation. Will the poles solve this issue? I bought it used so don’t know if it’s silnylon or poly but suspect silnylon. Any other tips for staying dry? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    I used my superfly this weekend in Tennessee. Got caught in a severe t-storm. Didn’t have the pole mod. I noticed dripping on my Blackbird and quilt. I don’t think this was leaking. The wind was pushing the tarp against my hammock and I suspect condensation. Will the poles solve this issue? I bought it used so don’t know if it’s silnylon or poly but suspect silnylon. Any other tips for staying dry? Thanks.
    With strong storms I think it's best to just crank it down tight and close to the ground. The poles give you a lot of nice dry space underneath, but it lifts the tarp off the ground a good deal. So blowing rain will have a better chance of getting your hammock and quilt wet.

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    With strong storms I think it's best to just crank it down tight and close to the ground. The poles give you a lot of nice dry space underneath, but it lifts the tarp off the ground a good deal. So blowing rain will have a better chance of getting your hammock and quilt wet.
    What do you recommend for keeping the tarp from blowing against the hammock in strong winds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    What do you recommend for keeping the tarp from blowing against the hammock in strong winds?
    I've only had a few times where it was really windy. I'm too lazy to hook lines to the side pulls and find a tree or branch, but you can do that. It works great. Usually I just let it go, sometimes comical watching it get within inches of my face! The silnylon just bows in a lot like that but the actual footprint remains wide enough to keep my and my pack on the ground dry. I guess in this case you're definitely not in porch mode, so that frees up hiking poles if you use them. That makes a good pole for attaching the pullouts.

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    If its super windy I'd have to agree to not use the pole mods on the Superfly. I attempted to use the Polemods one night out where I live which is on a farm land near the Peaks of Otter in Virginia. An area devoid of windbreaks of any kind. Without the tarp being tied off on the sides it was all over the place the entire night. However without the pole mods and with the side pullouts secured to trees or stakes the tarp performed much better in high winds considering how much material the wind had to mess with. Overall I'd have to agree that the 20D silypoly superfly is a great tarp. I will definitely be using mine on future trips.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast