Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
Wonderful video, wonder if they are going to fix up the area? It was a beautiful track, the waterfalls added a bit of excitement, but the views from the waterfalls were spectacular. Thanks for posting, looking forward to more.
Hi there Cranky Bear, lol I like your trail name, it has a happy ring to it! Not sure how I got happy from cranky, but still.

I wonder the same thing about the tracks. You know what governments are like with cutting out and cutting back. There have been NPWS cut backs in staff levels for years. There are just a hand full of workers taking care of ever increasing work areas. I think they, the rangers, will do the best they can, but it will take same time – a bit sad!

Thanks for you highly positive comments, Cranky Bear, they make me want to jump in the car, rush back down there, and do the track again. Can’t do that though, I’ve got a growing list of walks that need me to walk them, so for now it will just have to go on the “to do again some time” list. Thanks for taking the time to watch it and for enthusiasm increasing comments!

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Another good one! Thanks for sharing.

BTW - you are not "old". A lot of folks here remember 1967... or at least snippets! ;-)
Thanks for the thumbs up on the trip report, nothermark! If it’s true that wisdom comes with age, I must be young. The 60s were a bit of a blur to a lot of people, thoughs who had a good time that is.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
Every time I watch a BrucieVid I feel like I've gotten on the plane and flown west 12K miles.
Vines start up and grow down the tree-never thought of it that way-thanks!
Zig-zag trails-we call them switch-backs.
Blow down king you are and of course I'm thinking a serpent hiding in each one. Blow downs change their significance when you've got a pack on your back and when they repeat with no end in site they take their toll.
Land Mullet then Elvis-coincidence?
Noisy water througout! I've love it, only thing besides zephyrs (noisy high wind) that drowns Poof's snoring.
That last water curtain you walked behind, did air temp drop dramatically between the 'curtain' and the rock face? I'm betting it had too with such a huge heat sink. I was just bown away by the shot at 28:53 through said curtain.
OK OK OK I'm challenged with finding a waterfall somewhere I can walk behind!
Did you sell your hammock? Camp on this trip? Just teasing Brucie
WE can tell you just love to be in the bush. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, it took me three days to watch all of this one....in the future a suggestion to you and me, break it up in 10 min installments, makes it easier to pace on.
MM
Well, hello there, MedicineMan!

Our videos here on Hammock Forums are more real life than anything on TV. I feel like I get to travel to where ever the report is from too. It’s great to be able to travel so far, do a hike along and be back in time for... well, anything!

The vines start life at the top of the trees, after their seed has being number twoed out of a bird, that lands somewhere in a tree and leaves a message. The vine then grows down to get to some water. Then, it wraps itself around the tree and strangles it to death, that’s why they’re call Strangler Figs. The tree rots away, over time, leaving the Fig standing on its own.

I call them zig-zags, everyone else calls the switch-backs, or switches. Yes, I did briefly think much snakes would like the downed trees. Chubby Mullets and Elvis was a coincidence. lol Let’s not up set the Elvis fan club! No comment on the snoring, don’t want to get you in more trouble than you put yourself in – thin ice, MedicineMan lol

It was surprisingly cool behind both curtain waterfalls. I’m not sure if there was much of a difference between the water and the rock face though, I didn’t that much notice. As soon as I walked past that water dripping down and got between the water and the rocks, I could feel a big difference. At a guess, 10C, 50F. Oh and yes, you must find yourself a waterfall to walk behind, and you must film it, so I can see!

Thanks for the “break it up” suggestion, I’ve spent most of today thinking about the pros and cons of doing that. I’ve already made the next video, it’s 23 minutes, so I can keep thinking about which way to do it until the one after that.

Anyway, MedicineMan, thanks for the three lots of watching and for all the great comments! It was super great to hear from you, and you gave me something to think about all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
Thank you, Brucie for another fantastic video! Excellent cinematography and the sound was superb, especially on those remote shots!

The scenery was gorgeous and you captured it perfectly. That would be a favorite hike for me as I love waterfalls. You need long pants and long sleeve shirts made of kelvar to combat those prickly vines.
You’re welcome for the fantastic video, MAD777! If you lived near by, I’d say, “Come on, let’s go! I’ll take you for a tour!” 20 hours on a plane is a lot of hours, for a hike. So, my video, and the other videos here, will just have to do us.

Come to think of it, there is another place, just west of there, where there are “almost” too many waterfalls. Last time I did some of them I got waterfall overload. That was the “Waterfall Wonderland” video I made a while ago. I’d have to take you there, for sure!

Long kevlar pants and shirt is a great idea! I’ll look into it!