Looking for a First hammock
Hi, I've been reading this forum for some time, and I've decided to try hanging instead of sleeping on the ground. I'm looking for a trade, if any of you have a hammock you don't use and want a nice tent. I do a lot of motorcycling/camping and it seems to me a hammock is the way to go.
I have a Eureka Summit XT 4 season expedition tent that has been used twice. Eureka has replaced this model with another, but the Summit was always a highly regarded tent. A review:
"After previously naming it an Editor's Choice, Backpacker's 'All-Around Tent Test' summed up our 4-season entry’s scores: "Bottom line: A stable, well-crafted tent that provides solid shelter. It can handle year-round mountain use." Streamlined design sheds wind and snow for total weather protection. 9.5mm 7000 series aluminum frame.
* Free-standing 3-pole rectangular dome design maximizes space
* Patented High/Low door, bottom venting fly and power mesh rod sleeves for excellent air flow
* Full coverage fly with large front vestibule adds protection, storage
* Convertible zippered roof vent for stargazing and climate control
* All seams taped and factory sealed for superior weather protection
* Vestibule zipper covers provide extra moisture barrier
* Post and grommet set up
* UV and cold-resistant window on front vestibule brightens area in inclement weather.
* Floor: 1.9 oz. 3000mm taffeta nylon
* Fly: StormShield® "Plus" 1800
* Roof: 1.9 oz. permeable ripstop nylon.
* Netting: 40D No-see-um"
I am looking for a quality hammock in trade. I don't have enough experience to know if bottom entry or side entry is preferable, so I'm open. I'm 6' tall and weigh 235lbs. I camp 3 seasons of the year, and might try winter camping as well.
Please let me know what you have to trade!
Tags for this Thread