Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon Double
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 11.5x14
    Insulation
    3/4 DIY UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS Whoopie kit
    To the best of my knowledge, I've updated everything to this point. If I've missed something or entered it in incorrectly, please just let me know!

50 State Project: Table
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

The 50 State Project: Thread
    The 50 State Project: Table

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HG std CF3
    Insulation
    Yeti; Mt. Wash. 4
    Suspension
    Dutchware kevlar
    Images
    Bump. Just trying to keep this at the top.

Mods, how about a sticky?
    "I go because it irons out the wrinkles in my soul." -- Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Yeah, this thread is a good one to stick up. I've searched for this one several times now.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

Images

Gsmnp

Has anyone ever had a problem in the GSMNP pay campgrounds? I am meeting a buddy for a camping fishing trip in late July. I need a good front country site close to wade able water, he's got a bad knee. I was thinking Cataloochee, but I have never hung in any of the pay parks.

Thanks

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HG std CF3
    Insulation
    Yeti; Mt. Wash. 4
    Suspension
    Dutchware kevlar
    Images
    I camped at Cataloochee and one other campground while traveling through about four years ago. The rangers were interested in my rig and never complained.
    "I go because it irons out the wrinkles in my soul." -- Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    I have camped at state parks in CA and never had issues, but I just sent in an email as well. Maybe if they get enough of us they will actually come back with an answer.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    Your inquiry with regard to the use of hammocks in California State Parks was forwarded to me for response.* Although Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) does not specifically permit or ban the use of hammocks in California State Parks, that activity would fall under the CCRs pertaining to Games and Recreational Activities, and Equipment and Occupancy as follows:

§ 4319.* Games and Recreational Activities.

No person shall engage in games or recreational activities that endanger the safety of persons, property, resources, or interfere with visitor activities except as permitted by the Department.* No person shall hold, sponsor, lead, or otherwise have control over a game or recreational activity, occurring wholly or partially within or on any property owned, operated or administered by the Department without an approved Special Event permit if any of the criteria set forth in section 4301(j) apply.

§ 4323.* Equipment and Occupancy.

(a) Arrangement and Numbers.* The Department may specify the size, type, arrangement and use of recreational equipment and the number of persons permitted in any unit or portion thereof.* No person shall otherwise introduce, keep, use, or arrange his/her equipment.* No person shall otherwise exceed established occupancy limitations.

(b) Food Storage.* In units or portions thereof where posted in accordance with Section 4301(i), no person shall store food, lawfully taken fish or wildlife, garbage or equipment with food residue, other than in the sealed compartment of a vehicle incapable of being opened by wild animals, in a food storage unit designated by the Department, in accordance with posted instructions, or, in areas where bears are a problem, suspended at least ten (10) feet above any material that would support the weight of a bear and separated horizontally by at least four (4) feet from any post, tree trunk or other object.* This restriction does not apply to food that is actively being carried, consumed or prepared for human consumption or pets.

(c) No person shall erect, maintain, use, or occupy any temporary tent or shelter on any beach unless there is an unobstructed view through such tent or shelter from at least two sides, provided, however, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize camping except as provided in Section 4451 hereof.

The features, facilities, resources, approved uses etc. contained in the 280 California State Parks vary from park to park.* The determination as to whether the use of a hammock in a particular park unit will have any adverse effect on public safety and/or park resources is determined by the local park management District.* A list of California State Park Districts and contact information can be found on the Department’s website at www.park.ca.gov. *It is recommended that prior to visiting one of our park units, you should contact the District to inquire if there are any prohibitions regarding the use of a hammock in the particular park of interest.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Todd Thames (RA)

Superintendent of Law Enforcement Services

California State Parks

Well, that wasn't a no, so I will take it as a yes. Or just call before you got to a CA state park

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    So I dunno if you wanna update the spread sheet to to unspecified to CA?

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'

Livin Free

Why are we asking for permission from government to do that which harms no person or property. If you know your hammock does not harm the trees, then hang it and enjoy it. Just live your life like your free, as long as your not hurting anyone or any property do what you will. The law is not morality, it is man made. True law is natural law; property rights and the non-aggression principle. Law is not the whims of politicians made into hundreds of thousands of laws. Live like your not a slave, live like free men. Asking permission is pathetic. Better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission imo.
    Last edited by ikemouser; 07-05-2013 at 11:06.

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    Why are we asking for permission from government to do that which harms no person or property. If you know your hammock does not harm the trees, then hang it and enjoy it. Just live your life like your free, as long as your not hurting anyone or any property do what you will. The law is not morality, it is man made. True law is natural law, property rights and the non-aggression principle. Live like your not a slave, live like free men. Asking permission is pathetic. Better to ask forgiveness than to ask permission imo.
    So I can camp in your yard for free as long as I LNT?
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast