Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Forums differences..

I just notice how much nicer it is to post in this forum then for example WB. I am talking about things like inserting links and editing posts. I would think that since they are run by the same person, they would have mostly identical formats. This site is much easier to post things like pictures and links. I am sure I am just missing something in the WB forum (no biggie). Anyone else notice the differences?

Adam

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I just notice how much nicer it is to post in this forum then for example WB. I am talking about things like inserting links and editing posts. Adam
    Yeah, there is another forum (not WB) that I used to belong to. I quit because posting anything aside from plain text was impossible to figure out. And I'm pretty technical. Same interface as this one, different set-up. Also, it was (in my opinion) over-moderated. Ah yes, the Incredible Disappearing Posts. With no explanatory note. grrrrrrr

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eay View Post
    Also, it was (in my opinion) over-moderated. Ah yes, the Incredible Disappearing Posts. With no explanatory note. grrrrrrr
    I don't know which is worse.. over moderated or under moderator. I've seen both but not here. Kudos to our mods......
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    I just notice how much nicer it is to post in this forum then for example WB. I am talking about things like inserting links and editing posts. I would think that since they are run by the same person, they would have mostly identical formats. This site is much easier to post things like pictures and links. I am sure I am just missing something in the WB forum (no biggie). Anyone else notice the differences?

Adam
    They may be owned by the same person but that does not mean they are run by the same person. I am not going to sit here and make excuses as to why WB is the way it is. I will say just this. It was a lesson learned and I think the mods here on HF saw all that was going on there and hopefully they will not let the same thing happen. It got out of control on WB and it has been hell trying to get it back into control. I think it has gotten better over there on WB but you have to also consider the traffic that WB gets too. If we had all the traffic here that WB has this may be just as hard to control. I hope five years down the road we are still just like we are now. We have a good community here thanks to the mods and admins.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    They may be owned by the same person but that does not mean they are run by the same person. I am not going to sit here and make excuses as to why WB is the way it is. I will say just this. It was a lesson learned and I think the mods here on HF saw all that was going on there and hopefully they will not let the same thing happen. It got out of control on WB and it has been hell trying to get it back into control. I think it has gotten better over there on WB but you have to also consider the traffic that WB gets too. If we had all the traffic here that WB has this may be just as hard to control. I hope five years down the road we are still just like we are now. We have a good community here thanks to the mods and admins.
    I would like to thank attroll and all the moderators for the wonderful job they do here.
    Chris

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    I would like to thank attroll and all the moderators for the wonderful job they do here.
    Ditto.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

HF vs WB

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    My post was not really on the politics of the forums (we all know HF is better..). I was just commenting the differences of the layout. There are certainly similarities in how it looks.

One example is the insert link button. Here on HF you can hit it, insert a link, hit enter, and just start typing what you want that link to be read as. Those of you who do this understand what I am saying. Anyway, not a big deal.

I, too, think we have outstanding moderators.

Adam

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Sling/Web
    WB just has alot of strong personalities. Two completely different worlds. When you get Warren Doyle, Matthewski, Lone Wolf, and Tin Man all in the same forum thread only god knows how it will turn out.

I think the reason HF is the way it is, is because the average hanger,is by definition, smarter, and nicer to boot.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    nothing like booting nice guys.....
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast