Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineLounger View Post
    This might be abit off topic but has anyone keep their UQ attached to the hammock and slide the whole thing into a bishop sack? PRO's and Con's?
    recent thread on this: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=70864

Hammock
    SBPro GTUL
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Leighlo 30*
    Suspension
    Linelocker/Rings
    I am doing without the compression bag. Putting my UQ inside of my Down sleeping bag and putting those in a Compactor bag in side of the pack. Clothing will go into the Compactor Bag also. Then pack the rest of everything else on top. Thinking that will take up less room and spread out the weight evenly more than having a tight ball in one area of the pack. Using a Gossamer G4 so I have plenty of room for everything I have.

Opus

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus87 View Post
    I am doing without the compression bag. Putting my UQ inside of my Down sleeping bag and putting those in a Compactor bag in side of the pack. Clothing will go into the Compactor Bag also. Then pack the rest of everything else on top. Thinking that will take up less room and spread out the weight evenly more than having a tight ball in one area of the pack. Using a Gossamer G4 so I have plenty of room for everything I have.

Opus
    I put my down TQ and UQ into the compactor bag and sat on it until it was a size to fit into where I wanted to put it in my pack. the twisted the end to keep it that size.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY Hennessey
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Hammock gear 20
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    i have a 20 liter hg top and underquiilt thanks man
    I am the all-singing, all-dancing crap of this world.... I am the toxic waste by-product of God's creation. ~Chuck Palahniuk,

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    For packing, I find it handy to have my quilts in a bag that is a little big. The packing of the gear is what compresses the quilts. This allows them to shift a little and fill space in the pack when loading it up.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I pack my complete hammock, TQ, UQ, under quilt protector, and bug net/or sock ready to hang into a 30L Granite Gear compression sack. I keep the straps separate in snake skins outside the pack. Hook up one end of the suspension and walk to the other. Comes out ready to nap in. Fits well into my Granite Gear 60L Crown pack. Room for the rest of my gear too.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    several
    Tarp
    HG CF+doors
    Insulation
    down UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    simple
    I'm a short guy, 5'6".
    70" long 20°F Phoenix + "short" 30°F Revelation X go into a Sea to Summit 15L eVent compression sack.
    Once compressed for travel, the bag gets to Ø8.5" at 12" length. A bit above 11L.
    Both quilts get back to their original loft within 15 minutes after debagging.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineLounger View Post
    This might be abit off topic but has anyone keep their UQ attached to the hammock and slide the whole thing into a bishop sack? PRO's and Con's?
    I've done my wbrr and lynx uq that way several times. Works good, easy fast set up. Only draw back I can see is some times the whole thing gets twisted up in the stuff sack---kind of a PITA to get all lined up again.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    The Susurro Canyon (DIY)
    Tarp
    1.1oz SilPolyD Hex
    Insulation
    FoyleUQ DIY TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    If you're into DIY:

I'm not sure if your gear came with bags, so here's a great video on how to make the bag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVljDzbSbFw

For compressing it, I went to BWDD and bought some 3/4" nylon webbing and 4 tension locks. Cut the webbing into 4 pieces. Sew the tension locks onto both ends of two of the strips of webbing. Sew the centers of those same two pieces of webbing together. They need to be perpendicular, so the form a cross. Sew the centers of the webbing together with no tension locks in the same way.

You should now have two separate crosses.
    Cross 1: with tension locks on all ends
    Cross 2: with no tension locks

Thread each of the four ends of "cross 2" through the tension locks on "cross 1". Then, place stuff sack into the compression system and pull each of the ends of "cross 1" to tighten/compress the sack.

If you're interested and the above slurry of words didn't make sense, let me now, and I'll take some pics.
    Leonard Outdoors Youtube.com/drleonar

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    I recently converted to down-insulated under- and top-quilts in order to save pack space. My three-season UQ and TQ now both fit in the same Sea to Summit e-Vent dry compression sack, size medium, that used to hold only my synthetic-insulated UQ. Yahoo! (BTW, both my TQ and UQ are "long" versions.)

The medium e-Vent sack's specs are: size: 8” x 18” / 20 x 46cm; weight: 5.2 oz/148g; Max/Min volume: 14/4.5 Liter.

Take it easy,
    desmobob

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast