Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    I have to ask, Why are you asking the group? I see you made up your mind long before you started your project. I am guessing you are now wondering if you made the correct decision, you want the other members to give you support and suggestions. Great idea, I do not envy you the stinky job of dipping, wipping, drying and awaiting to see what your project looks like finished.

I am sure you have learned a lot and the next tarp will go much easier. Get going on your sealing project, enjoy and learn.

I considered doing my own silnylon, but i did not want to dispose of the used chemicals, just my odd way of thinking. Plus my lungs are not so good anymore, so I decided against that form of DYI.

Get going, follow your own desire, I know you really want to do-it-yourself, as much as possible. Go For It.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by HURTHEART View Post
    I have to ask, Why are you asking the group? I see you made up your mind long before you started your project. I am guessing you are now wondering if you made the correct decision, you want the other members to give you support and suggestions. Great idea, I do not envy you the stinky job of dipping, wipping, drying and awaiting to see what your project looks like finished.

I am sure you have learned a lot and the next tarp will go much easier. Get going on your sealing project, enjoy and learn.

I considered doing my own silnylon, but i did not want to dispose of the used chemicals, just my odd way of thinking. Plus my lungs are not so good anymore, so I decided against that form of DYI.

Get going, follow your own desire, I know you really want to do-it-yourself, as much as possible. Go For It.
    Something came available to me that was not there before, after I posted this thread. I may indeed go for it if the hammock doesnt work out.

Risk nothing gain nothing.
    Last edited by hairbear; 04-08-2013 at 05:29.

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hairbear let me know if you decide to try the homemade silnylon. I think Campalot and myself have been thinking of doing the same thing. I am also glad to hear that your sewing experience has improved since the other day.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by digitizer101 View Post
    Hairbear let me know if you decide to try the homemade silnylon. I think Campalot and myself have been thinking of doing the same thing. I am also glad to hear that your sewing experience has improved since the other day.
    I broke the shaft in the first machine,so im learning a new one all over again. Your tips worked well ,thanks again for the help.
    I cant wait to get the sil nylon im waiting on its really cool.
    I didnt want to waste my tie outs ,and circles if I could get the materials in a few weeks.
    The best part is the 1.1 double is the most confy speer replica ive made so far.
    The growth from struggle is worth it for sure.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    Go for it hairbear... That's my opinion. The worst that could happen is you get better at sewing and making your own sil. Don't let these guys dissuade you.
    Thanks for the encouragement

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123