Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9 or 12
    Insulation
    UGQ under quilt
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I am and Hennessy AND ENO guy. I have an ENO DN and SN and a Hennessy Deep Jungle (side zip) and Safari (bottom classic entry). I also have the ENO bugnet, but have never set it up.

I'm most comfortable in the ENO DN, with the Safari probably a close second. That being said, the Deep Jungle is great in winter with the double bottom and a pad inside.

Because I'm not an ultralite backpacker, I almost always take one of each. Last summer I camped on the Jacks River trail and I took the SN for day lounging around and the Safari (very few mosquitos) for sleeping at night. I car camped last weekend with the DN and the Deep Jungle.

If you only want one system, the ENO DN with a bugnet and tarp would be your most versatile setup. The Deep Jungle would probably be 2nd, but its pricey.

Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9 or 12
    Insulation
    UGQ under quilt
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I should also state I use ATLAS straps with my ENO's and Hennessy's as well.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhayden View Post
    With the hennessy, do you enter the bottom and then zip the hammock closed? I saw one of the hammocks by hennessy on youtube and it didn't close at all. I looked like you just straddle the hole. I am trying to differentiate b/t the different versions of the hennessy and what would be the best for me. How easy is the hennessy to set up? Thanks
    I don't care for the bottom entry Hennessy. Some folks who have mobility issues like it. Others claim the bottom entry thwarts mosquitoes from getting inside.

I have an Expedition Asym Zip. Got tired of the rope suspension and converted to Whoopie Slings. Even with the ropes, setup time was under five minutes. I just didn't like tying/untying the ropes to adjust.

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth 11'
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    7/64" whoopies
    A friend got me into hammocks when he introduced me to his Hennessy. I was almost ready to buy one, but decided on an ENO SingleNest instead. (I've since made my own bugnet, tarp, UQ, and TQ to accompany it, as well as several different sized gathered end tablecloth hammocks as well.)

My first trip with the ENO was five nights in the woods with that same friend. I immediately realized the advantages of it over his bottom entry hammock, even before sleeping in it.

It is a much more useful seat than the enclosed Hennessy. My friend could fold his Hennessy in half and kinda sit on it, but he was jealous of all the positions I discovered while lounging around camp. I also like the option of going without a bugnet when it's not buggy. I found the bottom entry a bit cumbersome, especially when trying to put on or take off shoes during entry and exit. It's also much easier to access your gear while in the hammock, which is near impossible with the bottom entry Hennessy. Just a few things to consider, good luck with your decision making!

Hammock
    Eno Singlenest & DubbleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Foam pad & slp bag
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    Images
    i have the ENO DN and it is great and the Atlas straps are very easy and fast to setup
    This is your one stop shop for all Hammock knowledge

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    I have both. The nice thing is, once you get the Hennessy, you have everything you need for the ENO, except the whoopies.

ENO: my winter setup. Why? No bug net. Weighs less, packs much smaller. Use Hennessy hex tarp, and tree straps. Replaced original suspension with Whoopie slings and an adjustable ridge line. HammockGear incubator underquilt (0*)

Hennessy: my three season hammock. Bug net! Use either original tarp or hex. Going to replace ropes with whoopies. I use the bottom entry version. Incubator underquilt if less than 40 degrees. Use synthetic DIY quilt otherwise.. Based on Kick *** Quilt, directions on this site.

I could probably use the DIY quilt on my ENO, by running a line from the tie outs over the ridge line...
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Supershelter, MSS
    I researched and tried each, and chose the Hennessy explorer with hex tarp. It has bottom entry which is fool proof and way quicker(less bugs get in with you) to enter than the ENO setup. However I will be investing in a zipper mod for removing the net when not needed.
    JMHO

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I also have both. The Hennessy is my go to for camping as it's everything I need in a package about the size of a loaf of bread. I love the fact that I don't have to bugger around with a separate net (no pun intended). I used to have the bottom entry HH, and loved it, except the velcro got stuck in my hair all the time - ouch! I switched to the side entry zipper mod and am happy as a clam with it! The ENO still comes along for lounging and what not. It's awesome to get out of the kayak at some beautiful, peaceful spot, set up, open a beverage and say ahhhhh!! Life is good!
    Debi

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosus View Post
    I have both. The nice thing is, once you get the Hennessy, you have everything you need for the ENO, except the whoopies.

ENO: my winter setup. Why? No bug net. Weighs less, packs much smaller. Use Hennessy hex tarp, and tree straps. Replaced original suspension with Whoopie slings and an adjustable ridge line. HammockGear incubator underquilt (0*)

Hennessy: my three season hammock. Bug net! Use either original tarp or hex. Going to replace ropes with whoopies. I use the bottom entry version. Incubator underquilt if less than 40 degrees. Use synthetic DIY quilt otherwise.. Based on Kick *** Quilt, directions on this site.

I could probably use the DIY quilt on my ENO, by running a line from the tie outs over the ridge line...
    Basically what he said. ENO-DN in cold weather since I don't need the bug net. Hennessy in other seasons as it's easier to have an integrated bug net. I think the ENO is more comfortable, and it does have the advantage of being nicer to lounge in when not sleeping. A Hennessy with the right zipper mod solves this problem, though. If I could only have one, I think it would still be the Hennessy. But, why not both?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12