View Poll Results: Which dates work best for you for a Spring SC hangout?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll be there on March 20-22.

7 100.00%
  • I'll be there on March 27-29.

3 42.86%
  • I'd love to come on another weekend.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    I'll be leaving Kingstree thursday evening, getting into town around 7 or 8pm that night. I'm going to spend part of the day gathering up a few supplies, checking over my pack and gear.

What time are you planning on getting there, rice/dameon? Is there a map to the parking lot available online?

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    scratch my question about the map. I found it in your first post when you guys had a hang back in '08. I'll just follow those directions from west cola.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Images
    I'm bringing some secret firewood and eggs, Dameon is cooking them. I still might bring my dog. I'm not sure yet.
    And most likely a Canoe if Dameon and I can work out our driving arrangements. I am excited to see fulminated's WarBonnet Black Bird. I am sure he will be interested in showing it off to all of us :-)

Hammock
    Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Images
    Not sure exactly what time we plan to get there, probably a little before lunch wouldn't you say Rice??? I just want to be there soon enough to pick the campsite, I imagine there will be many campers there since it is supposed to be a fairly nice weekend. Is there a certain time you plan on getting there Fulminated?

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameon View Post
    Not sure exactly what time we plan to get there, probably a little before lunch wouldn't you say Rice??? I just want to be there soon enough to pick the campsite, I imagine there will be many campers there since it is supposed to be a fairly nice weekend. Is there a certain time you plan on getting there Fulminated?
    I hadn't settled on a time, no.

I wake up early in the AM whether I have to work or not and usually goof around for an hour or so while I make breakfast. I have a few things I need to go around getting (food, etc). I'll unpack and repack my gear to be sure I'm not missing anything then head out around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I'm guessing this is the location we're heading to and that there are signs on the National Park Road pointing to the camp site, right?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.181961&z=13

Final question. This place has no toilets, right? *has to make mental note to find his trowel*

Hammock
    Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    I hadn't settled on a time, no.

I wake up early in the AM whether I have to work or not and usually goof around for an hour or so while I make breakfast. I have a few things I need to go around getting (food, etc). I'll unpack and repack my gear to be sure I'm not missing anything then head out around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I'm guessing this is the location we're heading to and that there are signs on the National Park Road pointing to the camp site, right?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.181961&z=13

Final question. This place has no toilets, right? *has to make mental note to find his trowel*
    Yes that is the place, after you turn on the National park road you will ride a mile or two and you will come to a stop sign, at that stop sign there is a parking lot on the left, turn into the parking lot and park . In front of the lot is a field, the campsites are on either side of that field, I hope to get the last campsite on the left side of the field. You'll see the first site on the left, just walk past it, until you come to the last one, I think there are 4 sites on that side. There are porta johns there so you should be fine without your trowel!!
    The porta johns are right there at the corner of the lot on the left. And just a short drive past the campsites or I think around a half mile walk is the visitors center which has a really nice bathroom! Oh and my Yahoo! Id is Dameontheman so if you need to get in touch or can't find us just send me a Text message to [email protected] and I will get it on my phone. Or if you want I can PM you my cell number!

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameon View Post
    Yes that is the place, after you turn on the National park road you will ride a mile or two and you will come to a stop sign, at that stop sign there is a parking lot on the left, turn into the parking lot and park . In front of the lot is a field, the campsites are on either side of that field, I hope to get the last campsite on the left side of the field. You'll see the first site on the left, just walk past it, until you come to the last one, I think there are 4 sites on that side. There are porta johns there so you should be fine without your trowel!!
    The porta johns are right there at the corner of the lot on the left. And just a short drive past the campsites or I think around a half mile walk is the visitors center which has a really nice bathroom! Oh and my Yahoo! Id is Dameontheman so if you need to get in touch or can't find us just send me a Text message to [email protected] and I will get it on my phone. Or if you want I can PM you my cell number!
    I'll add you to my yahoo account, but I'm the strange kind of techno weenie that doesn't carry a cell phone. I should be able to find it, I've printed the driving directions from my mother's house in west cola since that's likely to be where I depart from.

Looking forward to a great weekend. The weather looks great during the day, dipping down into the low 40's at night. Hopefully, that should keep some of the bugs at bay.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Images
    This is gonna sound like a bad country music song, but the kid's sick and the car died, so we're going to be dealing with that this weekend. Sorry we'll miss the hang.

- Travis

Hammock
    Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    I'll add you to my yahoo account, but I'm the strange kind of techno weenie that doesn't carry a cell phone. I should be able to find it, I've printed the driving directions from my mother's house in west cola since that's likely to be where I depart from.

Looking forward to a great weekend. The weather looks great during the day, dipping down into the low 40's at night. Hopefully, that should keep some of the bugs at bay.
    Ok well that's cool, just look for the Hammocks

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567