Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Took my son on a turkey hunting/hammock camping excursion this weekend. Got there after dark on Friday evening. Hiked in about 1.5 miles and pitched our camp. I'd much rather do it in the daylight - but have done it on several occasions at this WMA.

Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon Double
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 11.5x14
    Insulation
    3/4 DIY UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS Whoopie kit
    Quote Originally Posted by SnrMoment View Post
    Setting up in the dark at home with marginal light is good practice. It also can be painful. Pay special attention to how your whoopies fit over the toggles. Side slip = instant grounding. DAMHIK
    Zactly! That's why I kept my tired self in the house. I've only had one opportunity to set my hammock up since ordering it a month or so ago. I can set my tent up in my sleep, but I need more practice before trying that with the hammock!
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

The 50 State Project: Thread
    The 50 State Project: Table

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 4s
    Insulation
    Shamu & RAB
    Suspension
    All in One whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FBG View Post
    Anybody else have issues pushing day to day life to the side, for a bit, to enjoy a little hammock fun?
    That is so much of an understatement I'm not even gonna get started.

As others have said practice is practice and setting up in the dark is great practice. If I'd had the time I'd have busted out the headlight and made it happen. Better luck next time friend.
    "The more laws that are written, the more criminals are produced." - "The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao Tze

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Ephesians 6:10-17

Hammock Forums is my social network.