Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    inspectorguy, if you show up at Raven Cliffs when I am there, I will personally set your camp up for you, so don't be a stranger if you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    inspectorguy, if you show up at Raven Cliffs when I am there, I will personally set your camp up for you, so don't be a stranger if you can help it.
    Thanks for the offer!

You are familiar with the Clark set-up!

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    There were a lot of wonderful people at the hang and I think we all had a pretty good time. The weather was glorious during the day and a bit nippy at night. Some folks hiked, some fished and some, like me, lollygagged. We had great campfires and good stories around said fires. Old4hats kept us laughing. Thanks to JBRanger and Chickenwing for organizing the hang and thanks to all of the vendors who donated prizes, especially Tato. I won one of his wood stoves (happy dance, happy dance). We had a bit of drama when I tangled my bear bag line with Swampfox’s line. I thought it was Doodad’s line and asked him to help me get it unraveled. He came over and looked at it and told me that the bad news was that it was tangled pretty badly and the good news was that it wasn’t his line! Several people tried to get the lines down and finally pulled the (dead) branch down. After untangling the lines, Skinnys11 tried to toss the line for me and it snagged on a little branch. He finally took the broken branch and very precisely put the end of it through the carabiner and pulled it down. I have a picture, so it did happen! We were very impressed with his skill! Joan West arrived shortly thereafter and decided that she wouldn’t even attempt to hang her food bag from such an evil tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Had a great time and got to meet some more nice folks for a good cause. The raffle was a lot of fun and hiking and fishing filled the day. Thanks to everyone who showed up for a great weekend hang and hike.

CW won the grand prize top quilt

My site by the river

View from the hammock

One of the locals
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Questions that need answers: Did Chigger get rid of his snack bars? Did Old4hats and Chigger get their gear back to the truck in one trip? Did Chickenwing have to drive home with the windows down?

Chigger still had a couple snack bars, Chigger and old4hats did indeed make it out in one trip, but Chickenwing will have to answer for himself. We were the last ones out and made it fine. Nothing but good memories for us, oh and last I heard chigger was about to put in an order for an Incubator UQ, color me green.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    grannypat, That is the exact spot where my dad slept last year for the Spring Swing. I slept using the tree you are pictured using on the left and one just a bit further away. That is a great spot.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Chigger still had a couple snack bars, Chigger and old4hats did indeed make it out in one trip, but Chickenwing will have to answer for himself. We were the last ones out and made it fine. Nothing but good memories for us, oh and last I heard chigger was about to put in an order for an Incubator UQ, color me green.
    Glad you made it out! Good decision by Chigger.

Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    grannypat, That is the exact spot where my dad slept last year for the Spring Swing. I slept using the tree you are pictured using on the left and one just a bit further away. That is a great spot.
    I think that is 2ply's set up on the river. You are just used to seeing my Noah's 12! Sorry you weren't able to join us.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Yeah, but I'll be at the Smoked Butt Hang at least. This one looks like I missed a doosy.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    There were a lot of wonderful people at the hang and I think we all had a pretty good time. The weather was glorious during the day and a bit nippy at night. Some folks hiked, some fished and some, like me, lollygagged. We had great campfires and good stories around said fires. Old4hats kept us laughing. Thanks to JBRanger and Chickenwing for organizing the hang and thanks to all of the vendors who donated prizes, especially Tato. I won one of his wood stoves (happy dance, happy dance). We had a bit of drama when I tangled my bear bag line with Swampfox’s line. I thought it was Doodad’s line and asked him to help me get it unraveled. He came over and looked at it and told me that the bad news was that it was tangled pretty badly and the good news was that it wasn’t his line! Several people tried to get the lines down and finally pulled the (dead) branch down. After untangling the lines, Skinnys11 tried to toss the line for me and it snagged on a little branch. He finally took the broken branch and very precisely put the end of it through the carabiner and pulled it down. I have a picture, so it did happen! We were very impressed with his skill! Joan West arrived shortly thereafter and decided that she wouldn’t even attempt to hang her food bag from such an evil tree.
    Whooooo Buddy....I love the "Whoooooo Buddy" That is a quote...right?
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast