Diy 1.1 DL - Diy 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Diy Silnylon,
    Insulation
    SB con to UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Mike View Post
    It's been tough being this far. Car parts, hammock and camping stuff along with stuff for my wife's online store cost us so much more because of this distance.
    what type of store maybe i can help you i know lots of wholesalers in canada

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I am so lucky being only a half hour from the US border, there is a store just over the US side that we can go and pick up our orders from. They told me once that they get on average 300 packages a day for Canadians! Usually there's no HST because the amounts are small and not worth the hassle of paperwork. I've ordered a ton of camping gear from the US as it's much cheaper, and just go for a nice country drive when it arrives!. I've also picked up for others and forwarded by either FedEx or Canada Post. Sure beats paying those customs charges!
    Debi

Hammock
    Diy 1.1 DL - Diy 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Diy Silnylon,
    Insulation
    SB con to UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Debi Jaytee View Post
    I am so lucky being only a half hour from the US border, there is a store just over the US side that we can go and pick up our orders from. They told me once that they get on average 300 packages a day for Canadians! Usually there's no HST because the amounts are small and not worth the hassle of paperwork. I've ordered a ton of camping gear from the US as it's much cheaper, and just go for a nice country drive when it arrives!. I've also picked up for others and forwarded by either FedEx or Canada Post. Sure beats paying those customs charges!
    want to be my new best friend, i promise i don't bite i bitched ups today tried to charge me 23.90 to brokerage my silnylon over the border. i called ups and complained ended up paying 3.90 the taxes and duty.

i get wholesaale at parklands clothing and chinnook tec you can google both let me know if you need anything markup on camping gear is about 100% or more. just some things ya got to get from the US
    Last edited by Taliesin96; 04-09-2013 at 15:27. Reason: added more

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Mike View Post
    It's been tough being this far. Car parts, hammock and camping stuff along with stuff for my wife's online store cost us so much more because of this distance.
    Yeah, but just remember there are people who drive for days just to travel on the beautiful historic French River, to walk the same portages and paddle the same chutes that Champlain, Brule, LaVerendrye, Mackenzie, Fraser, Thompson, and thousands of voyageurs did.

Just sayin' I know that gets old pretty fast...

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I live in Vancouver, BC and just over the border in Point Roberts, WA there are a couple of places that you can get packages shipped to, they hold for you and pay a small amount, like three dollars.

The lineups going across aren't too bad because it is just a small town that is actually landlocked by Canada. The customs people on the way back into Canada don't even ask why you were down there, just what is the value of the package you picked up...

Ive never even been charged duty on any of the camping stuff I have been getting....

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by canadarox71 View Post
    I live in Vancouver, BC and just over the border in Point Roberts, WA there are a couple of places that you can get packages shipped to, they hold for you and pay a small amount, like three dollars.

The lineups going across aren't too bad because it is just a small town that is actually landlocked by Canada. The customs people on the way back into Canada don't even ask why you were down there, just what is the value of the package you picked up...

Ive never even been charged duty on any of the camping stuff I have been getting....
    Good to know about Pt Roberts. If I know I'm going to be out that way I'll keep that in mind for planning. Can you post which places? Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12