Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOHEAD View Post
    SCORE! Tried to find one at the D word myself. Liberty, MO store not as well stocked though.
    I was happy to find it -- half the weight of my current bag will help lighten the loadout. and the 2-way zipper means I should be able to figure out a way to use it as an underquilt/enclosed toe box.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Kicking back in Kansas))))) Nice ya'll.
    That is some might Fancy sPAM ya'll are having. That come in single serve pouch?
    Just a gorgeous morn.
    Good dang trip report.
    Shug
    12 oz can - i also had bacon spam, but ended up having a trail bar for breakfast while packing instead of doing a proper fry-up.

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Great reports on the hang. I wish I could have made the trip since it is close. However, I have a health issue that prevented me from going. Maybe next trip.
    Walking Bear- I hope it is nothing too serious- get well
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Kicking back in Kansas))))) Nice ya'll.
    That is some might Fancy sPAM ya'll are having. That come in single serve pouch?
    Just a gorgeous morn.
    Good dang trip report.
    Shug
    Thanks Shug- could have done without the ticks and chiggers though

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I have updated my blog for those that would like some words and pictures of the event.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym, side zip
    Tarp
    HH Expedition 70d
    Insulation
    Climashld UQ, bag
    Suspension
    HH tree-save strap
    Grrr, I've been lurking for months now and get excited every time there's a trip planned. I keep meaning to get out there with you folks and try out my setups outside of my deck but the timing for the trips has always been wrong for me. They always happen at a time I'm on call at work. I hope the next one comes along soon because I'm relatively free for a couple of months. I've made a couple solo trips out but it's just not the same.

there's a BCUSA meetup at Kingman Lake down by Wichita next weekend (19-21) - you're more than welcome to show up for that, but you'll probably need a hammock stand, as there are not a lot of conveniently placed trees down there I hear.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym, side zip
    Tarp
    HH Expedition 70d
    Insulation
    Climashld UQ, bag
    Suspension
    HH tree-save strap
    I'm actually thinking of the OT trip in a couple of weeks but I'm not sure that's the best time to break in/test out some of the lighter equipment I've been making. Last year I did a miserable, soaking wet even with raingear 30 miles in two days w/ a 50lb pack (before I decided going light was the way I needed to go) but that was on the Katy Trail which is a gravel path the whole way.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag

Health update

My health problem is not real serious. I fell on a short ladder in my church in January and injured my leg. I put a gash in the shin of the leg that needed 17 stitches to close. It was a "V" shaped injury and it pulled back.
    I also take prednisone for a rare form of Vasculitis called Churg Strauss Syndrome. Prednizone will slow the healing process. I had an asthma flare up caused by the Churg Strauss and increased my prednisone to 40 mg/day.
    So after about three months of treatment, I have a wound that is about the size of a penny that has not healed. So now I have what is called a wound vac on it. It created a suction that speeds the healing process. I have had it for about a week and half so far. I probably will have it for 2 to 4 more weeks. It needs to be plugged in each night to recharged the battery.
    So hiking is beyond what I should be doing now, as it would need a very long extension cord and would add about three pounds to the pack.
    To add to my problems my wife had her knee scoped last week so I also have been acting as main nurse to her. She is getting along good now.
    I will get back on the trail at some point, I just need to heal and get some trail legs and lungs back.
    Thanks for you thoughts and concern.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I was in Fairbury 2 weeks ago - had a burger for lunch at some bar -- it was tasty.
    Was up that way to pick up a load of custom knives and spent the day in the maker's shop learning all sorts of cool tips and info.

Oh, yeah - the new bag packs down to roughly 1/2 the volume of the one I had with me and weighs 2 pounds and change less.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    My health problem is not real serious. I fell on a short ladder in my church in January and injured my leg. I put a gash in the shin of the leg that needed 17 stitches to close. It was a "V" shaped injury and it pulled back.
    I also take prednisone for a rare form of Vasculitis called Churg Strauss Syndrome. Prednizone will slow the healing process. I had an asthma flare up caused by the Churg Strauss and increased my prednisone to 40 mg/day.
    So after about three months of treatment, I have a wound that is about the size of a penny that has not healed. So now I have what is called a wound vac on it. It created a suction that speeds the healing process. I have had it for about a week and half so far. I probably will have it for 2 to 4 more weeks. It needs to be plugged in each night to recharged the battery.
    So hiking is beyond what I should be doing now, as it would need a very long extension cord and would add about three pounds to the pack.
    To add to my problems my wife had her knee scoped last week so I also have been acting as main nurse to her. She is getting along good now.
    I will get back on the trail at some point, I just need to heal and get some trail legs and lungs back.
    Thanks for you thoughts and concern.
    heal quick we will be thinking about ya

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123