Tarp
    DIY Silny
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images

Oregon Coast Range (2012)

After spending roughly 3-4 days/week last season (Apr - Oct 2012) in the Oregon coast range hanging with my wife and a friend of ours (and his small dog), I only just found out there's a whole community of hangers!

The way we camp is off-road, and very off-trail. We hike thru the bush and make our own way. As I hope you can see in the picture (this is my first time trying to post a pic, hope it works), we went the entire season without an UQ due to not knowing about them. The tarps aren't strung out because we didn't want to have lines everywhere.

This was typical of our trips, and we camped at this same site probably 20+ times over the season. It was one of our favorites. When the weather got too cold (I designed an UQ over the winter, and planned to use it this season - all still before knowing it had been done before - not surprisingly, the design is almost exactly like a combination of DIY and manufacturer designs).

Now, with all the DIY tips and tricks to go thru, I'll be able to streamline things, and move on to developing more stuff. (Current project is developing a hangers road-trip biking set up - we plan to bike up to Portland for the Annual Oregon Summer Hang this year! )

The picture here is a panoramic shot of our camp, composed of 57 individual pictures (thus, it gets kinda blurry at full size). In the pic is our friend Cody chillin' out in his hammock with his black, toy poodle Var, (that goes on all the trips with us).

Last edited by Demitri; 04-09-2013 at 14:26. Reason: Updated to full size picture

• + New Posts