Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

NX-250, I Finally Took The Plunge (Big Gulp)

After about 3 months of fidgeting I finally called (I had to ask if there were any discounts available) Clark today and ordered my NX-250. I am still in sticker shock but I learned during almost 20 years of climbing/ski mountaineering and 14 years as a Mountain Rescue volunteer that you usually get what you pay for and that good gear can not only make for better trip experiences, it can save your life. Heck, my tricked out 15 year old Warmlight 3R 3-person expedition tent I used for a long time in some fairly serious conditions and is still a great tent would cost me a grand today. I've done a fair amount of research and know that the Clark is the best hammock system for the Great Pacific Northwet [sic]. I'm an old guy now but after recent hip surgery has resolved pain I've lived with for years, I'm hoping to get enough use out of the Clark for remote backcountry angling to make it worth the Big $$$ for me.

I'm sure I'll be relying on a sleeping bag and a Thermarest until I can afford the $$$ or have the time to buy or make an UQ & TQ. I'll use the search function first but I'll probably be asking some pretty basic newb questions that may have come up before as I learn how to use my new CJH.
    Last edited by Brian Miller; 04-12-2013 at 18:48.

• + New Posts