Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Unless you can move them to a memory card.... I think you may be out of luck.
    That's what I'm afraid of. I will have to find the manual, and see if there is any way to do it. I've played with the camera, but it isn't obvious if there is a way. ARRGGHH - that means I have to read a manual - a very unmanly thing to do.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Hey Attroll, I do want that sock back eventually, so don't fall too in love with it. I'll make you another one before your thru - let's see, that gives me like a year, right? Glad to hear the sock has been a good experience for you.
    The sock is working out great. I bought some material yesterday to try and attempt to make one myself. Well I should say I am not going to sew it. I have talked one of my wife's friends into sewing one together for me. When I get it done it it is not to embarrassing I will post some pictures of it
    How's that thermadrape UQ doing, as well? I need to start working on the instructions for that also.
    I really liked the thermadrape UQ and it worked well and kept me warm. There are some things that need to be addressed on it that I think would greatly improve it. The main thing other then weight is the footbox for the BB. The end needs to be addressed some to leave room for the side footbox for BB hammocks.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    The sock is working out great. I bought some material yesterday to try and attempt to make one myself. Well I should say I am not going to sew it. I have talked one of my wife's friends into sewing one together for me. When I get it done it it is not to embarrassing I will post some pictures of it
    Excellent! I hope you are going to also try the changes you thought of, especially since you aren't sewing it yourself. That may be the best way - I will probably farm out my sock design after a little more tweaking as well. I just don't have enough time to do all the sewing I would like. I like designing things, though - playing with different designs is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I really liked the thermadrape UQ and it worked well and kept me warm. There are some things that need to be addressed on it that I think would greatly improve it. The main thing other then weight is the footbox for the BB. The end needs to be addressed some to leave room for the side footbox for BB hammocks.
    HC4U thought that switching the inner liner from wool suiting to something like silk would lighten it considerably - he may be working on that as we speak. You could also shorten it to a 3/4 or 1/2 UQ. Still, considering that you were able to do teens in the sock/UQ combo with only a SB, that is impressive to me. The thermadrape UQ was built as either a warm weather (+32*) UQ or booster UQ for extreme cold weather, but I found that it works pretty well down to a ridiculously low temp on its own, at least combo'ed with the sock. Shrinking it or changing to a lighter middle lining would make a huge difference in both weight and packability. I think I can still get my hands on a couple more of those Thermadrapes, as well.

Keep me posted on that. I would love to see what you do.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Excellent! I hope you are going to also try the changes you thought of, especially since you aren't sewing it yourself. That may be the best way - I will probably farm out my sock design after a little more tweaking as well. I just don't have enough time to do all the sewing I would like. I like designing things, though - playing with different designs is fun.
    I will PM you shortly with some idea and see what your opinions are on them.

Images
    so what's the story on this thermadrape uq? i must have missed it. what's it made of and all that. feel free to just point me to another thread.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    so what's the story on this thermadrape uq? i must have missed it. what's it made of and all that. feel free to just point me to another thread.
    I don't think there is a thread on this UQ yet. This is something Finn sent me to test out. It is one of his own designs.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Super secret club.

Only one in existence right now, with a couple lucky people with the supplies to build their own. It was something I had at Mt. Rogers, and a couple people spied it out. There will be plans on this as well.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yay!!!!! Lucky Me...........??????
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts