DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL Strap ~HAnchor
    Images
    Holy moly, I just read through this article and the thread:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=72327

Makes me think about possums in a different light. Never knew the critters were tick eaters.

Skin crawling now...

gmcpcs
    Semper Veritas.

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    OK;

Just to make sure there's belts and suspenders for those heading out to Hidden Lake on Friday, here's a list of landmarks you should encounter on your way:

Refer to this map:
    http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/1851390...Detail2010.pdf

~Enter LSHT across from PL #8 (Near the box marked M45 on the map)

~Left onto 4 Notch Trail at the intersection (first circled intersection on the map)

~Right on the FS Road 213 (second circled intersection)

~Enter old logging road where FS 213 turns 90 degrees to the left, crossing a ditch and berm made to keep four wheelers out (third circled intersetion)

~Pass through an old gap in a barb wire fence (the map shows this as private land entirely enclosed by SHNF)

~Pass through another old gap in a barb wire fence (leaving the private property), turn slightly right. (near the box showing .65 miles on the map)

~Cross a large diameter culvert bridge. On the other side of this bridge is an old metal building surrounded by barb wire (where the track crosses Thickett Branch Creek)

~An intersection in the logging road gives you the choice to turn right or go straight. At this interesection is an old concrete culvert that is exposed and has a hole in it, go straight here. (fourth circled intersection on the map)

Go this way:

Not this way:

(The road past this point is growing faint, but recognizable. There is a good deal of deadfall in the road. It appears that what use this track does have is to go to the right at the intersection to get to the clearing at the end of that road.)

~Along this portion of the road you will pass a small pond on your right and another track will come in on the right. This other road comes from the clearing. We got to that clearing and bushwhacked around till we found this road. I think it skirts the edge of the clearing along the left hand side and the natural inclination of folks is to go into that clearing.

~The road gets clearer and you will come up on a old campfire that was built in the middle of it. It looks to me like a "lunchtime" fire in that the wood is not completely burned.

~A short distance past this campfire you will intersect a very clear road and a short distance to the right is a creek bead with the ruins of an old wooden bridge that appears to have been made back in the logging days. We crossed to the left of this bridge and it was fairly easy. The stream would be impassable if full. There's a log across the stream right over the bridge, but I don't trust logs.(fifth intersection circled on the map)

~A hundred yards or so past this bridge and you come out onto a large clearing with Hidden Lake on the right. (sixth circled intersection)

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL Strap ~HAnchor
    Images

Second Annual Texas Butt Bake>July 19-21>New Waverly, TX

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373506312.021836.jpg

Here is the tarp, guys, just finished it, will do the sil seal. This will be my "disappearing" act after the cookie coons start caterwauling. Next on to the matching hammock.
    Semper Veritas.

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I'm working on the same thing but in MarPat.

Just got some Insultex to make a UQ with a 1.1 MarPat shell, and the new DIY hammock is 1.1 Marpat made from a 68" x 12' blank. I get an echo in there.

Anybody got any advice on what the best synthetic insulation for a DIY TQ would be? I understand there might be moistur barrier issues with Insultex.

@ alphabet
    That's a very nice looking tarp....

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Ok. It's officially a week.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    OK;

Extended forecast one week out.

Accuweather still reporting high under 90* for Friday & Saturday with lows in the high 60's, with chance of T Storms

Weather Channel reports much the same with temps only a couple of degrees higher

Weather Underground agrees with the Weathe Channel.

Highest chance for rain I saw was 40%, which is about normal for this time of year in this part of Texas.

Not perzackly the Butt Bakiest weather, but likely gonna be hot enough for you to notice.

So.

Summer quilts or bag liners for you cold sleepers, tarps suitable for frog choker rain 'round 1500.

Its perfect weather for this area. We will always have the humidity to keep us miserable.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    got an updated weather report here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXdmT...yer_detailpage
    "What are we going to do tonight Brain"?
    "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world". -Pinky and the Brain

WallyWorld score.
    The grill was only 17