Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    The first few times I went camping, I heard coyotes and they freaked me out for a little bit. Two weekends ago though, I was laying in my hammock and a mountain lion started screaming from only 20 feet away from me. It sounded like a woman being murdered. Scared the crap out of me!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBBB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE LR, Enlightene
    I just moved to Guam from Abilene. I miss hearing the yotes and seeing all the wildflowers this time of year!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I get sang to by the coyotes every time I camp in the backyard/pasture. They come into the pasture on a regular basis, but stay in the back where the donkeys aren't usually around. It is funny though, when they come into the pasture and I'm sleeping back there, within about a minute of them arriving my buddy Arlo the donkey comes to check on me. Spike apparently can't be bothered, but Arlo always has my back.

I don't believe the "not bold" bit, at least not anymore. I have challenged dozens of them over the last few years and probably half of them have stood their ground until I'm very close and obviously aggressive. We've spoken to a number of people that walk the trails behind our place that have been stalked by coyotes and more than a couple that have been approached in a menacing manner only to be saved by another passerby. Don't trust coyotes! Be ready to fight, they always are.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Have them always moving in packs with their young'uns on the fringes of our property. Loud to hear but funny to listen to the little ones be administered by their parents. We also have the hybrids - coyote and wolves and they like to come up to the house once in awhile. Very comfortable around people and not scared easily. Have had a couple near hundred pounders sit by the kitchen window (maybe 10-12 feet) and watch my wife at the sink. Even with yelling and such to move them - they simply look at you and are slow to go. As Cannibal mentioned - be ready to fight - they surely are!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123