WBBB
    Tarp
    no preference
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    WB strap system

Fractured poles

I bought a Clark nx150 about a year ago. Due to life choices I was unable to camp as much with it as I would have liked and have only been on 5-6 outings with it. The Clark has performed excellently and done everything as advertised with the exception of the poles that came with it. On the second outing one began to fracture, and as of the last outing 3 of the 6 segments have fractured. I am wondering if anyone else has exprienced this. I plan to contact Clark to see what they can do to help me out.

**Update**
    I contacted Clark at lunch today and he will be sending me out a replacement set for free. Just like siskiyousummit, I was in the era of the bad batch of poles. I felt the customer service was polite, professional, and I could not have asked for a better outcome.

"If you don't like what you do, do something else."
    Last edited by Fizz; 04-15-2013 at 13:42.

Images
    They do sell replacement poles I have purchased them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I have had mine (bought used) for about a year now. So far, no signs of any weakness or failure in the poles. Clark probably got a few bad rods from his supplier at one time or another. If he was aware of the problem he probably has arranged for a better quality product now.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

I bought my NX250 last May. Only used it on two backpacking trips since then, but use it in the back yard several nights a week.

After just a couple of uses, my rods began to fray on the cut ends. I called Clark and they said that they were correcting a bad batch and sent me a new set for free.

They also advised me to put a very thin coat of epoxy cement on the ends of the new rods to extend the longevity of the tips. Works great.

Jim

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    interesting report on bad batches. Indeed, you cannot expect Clark to do accelerated testing on the fiberglass rod they source. They have to trust their supplier, and they too got disappointed.

Don't forget the Harbor Freight threaded electricians snake rod kits discussed here. eg https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=479167 . They are conveniently 1/3rd shorter, so 4 replace 3; 10 sell for < $8.

Also, everyone likes the symmetry of hoops at both ends. But try going without at the foot end. You may find yourself not missing much., especially if you use a bit of elastic or shock cord to gently pull the foot-end hood back and a bit taut.

Hammock
    WBRR-WBBB
    Tarp
    Cloudburst-Hanger
    Insulation
    NeoAir-Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Dutch hook
    It looks that Clark has been redone the poles. Looks good. Less vulnerable. Handy case.

• + New Posts