Okay, having read a bunch of the threads on insultex, I feel reasonably well informed, but have a few questions yet.

Situation: I want to make a vapor barrier liner in a wraparound style like a peapod. This would go under my primary insulation to extend my sleep system to colder temps. Insultex seems to offer more insulating value than silnylon for a couple tenths of an ounce more/yd, and is much cheaper than (much lighter) cuben. It therefore seems seems like a good compromise between weight, performance, and cost.

Questions:
Has anyone compared silnylon and insultex performance solely for VBL use (and found silnylon to be superior)?

Can insultex be used on its own (without sandwiching in shell fabric)? This seems to be the case but I'm not quite sure since most projects seemed to use shells.

Has anyone made insultex PJs? That would allow me to wear clothing outside my VBL without worrying about condensation from wearing clothes inside a liner. (yes, I'm aware of the clamminess issue. I personally don't care if I am wet so long as I am warm.)