Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images

Review of the ENO Down-filled Quilts

I had the opportunity to test the new ENO down-filled quilts and I posted my review today on my blog:

> http://theultimatehang.com/2013/10/e...-quilt-review/

Main takeaways? The quilts are mainstream. There's not a ton of innovation like we've seen in our cottage vendors, but they have done their homework with the basics such as differential baffles, etc. I really like the under quilt design where they've put stationary shock cords on each corner, which not only allows you to independently adjust each corner, but also prevents the quilt from sliding or sagging. There are other solutions to this problem, but this is probably the simplest and lightest I've seen. I'm going to retrofit some of my quilts with this technique.

The prices are much higher than I would expect for a 750 fill-power quilt. And unless I'm missing something, the supply chain just doesn't add up to the sticker price. I know ENO is retailing these, which means there is an MSRP markup, and that can account for some overhead.

To me, this is both good and bad for consumers and cottage vendors. First of all, I hope we all know that these 800 and 900 fill power quilts made by cottage vendors are aggressively priced. Other premium down garment makers like Western Mountaineering are much higher priced. I think in some ways this opens the doors for cottage vendors to raise their prices if the market supports it. ENO is a popular brand and I'm not sure Joe Average consumer has the patience to wait for custom quilts like we are. In all respects, the custom quilt should be the premium product, but they are currently priced in the bargain basement. ENO may set the pace.
    Last edited by dejoha; 10-30-2013 at 00:53.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Nice review. While I do not believe I would purchase one as I prefer the cottage vendor's work and products, it is nice to know what is available.

Thanks

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

Review of the ENO Down-filled Quilts

Guys this is not product promotion from vendors here. It is a product review of another product. Please do not use this thread to promote your own product here. They have their own sub forums.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

Re: Review of the ENO Down-filled Quilts

I think those posts are appropriate in that they clarify Dejoha's comment about the difference in cottage products and ENO. Surely, the comments are promoting their product, but only in a way that adds to what the OP was saying and not out of context.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts