Wyoming > Wind River Range > June?

There is a possibility I might have time for a trip to the Winds in June if my employment moves work in my favor. That said, is June going to be too early in the Winds? I'll first say this is a return trip to the winds after a 15 year absence and my research isn't lining up with my memory. Most info I am finding says June is too early, too much snow pack, too full streams, and too many mosquitoes. I was a guide at a dude ranch 15 years ago and I don't seem to recall any of these issues, but I admit I can't recall the exact date I was on any exact trail other than Victor Lake on July 4. I also don't know how the snow of 2001 compared to this year. Any advice would be welcome. I'll also be interested to hear any particular trails I should hit. I know I want to spend some time on The Highline and make my way to Victor Lake. I'd rather do a loop but it is looking like a point to point with some shuttling involved would involve less doubling up on the route. And lastly, maybe most importantly, hows the tree situation, about what elevation is treeline up there 10,000? Thanks!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Big difference from early to late June. 4th of July is considered opener for lots of mountains here in Idaho....though I have heard of some areas having clear trails on south facing sections already. This year all of the west got quite a bit of snow. One range near us had over 250% of normal snow pack...I can still see it on the hillsides from my house, close to 50 miles from here...that means a lot of snow. It would probably pay to get in touch with local, guides and what not in Pinedale or near there to see how things are shaping up for the season.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Thanks, pgibson! More snow this season, and after thinking on it, we were in drought when I was there. At any rate, the work situation is looking like it is moving things right, into July which helps everything. Including the bears being a bit less hungry!
    Something not very hammock forum of me, I'm weighing my hammock vs ground decision. Need to settle on my route to make that choice.

• + New Posts