Threaded View

Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    WBRR, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    WL Tadpole
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    That's great feedback, thanks. Boy, for the amount I'd spend on it up front + replacing down, I might just make my own similar one as I really like the design (soft on one side, plus that nice flap at the top - one thing I don't like about the HammockGear pillow is that the tie-off string comes right off the pillow and sometimes rubs on my head).

Can you get a sense for what type of material the soft stuff is? Just a small piece of micro-fleece? Something else?

its a cottony feeling material, that is sewed right to the ripstop tho,,,but I was super disappointed how the pillow just flattened when I laid my head on it to where I took all the down out of it, and added the down to a syntethic Coccoon black pillow I had,,making it 9.5 oz heavy and perfect for my head, neck and back,,as I have to use a pillow..and couldn't see packing that heavy a I re-stuffed the black rock shell ,,first with 2 ozes and wasn't enough then another oz,,then finally a 4th oz,,and its firm as all get out and still compresses a dash when your head is on it,,and works just great for my head when on my side,,and weighes in at 5.3 oz. This pillow as cost me about 110 bucks,,but I like what I have.

That black rock pillow is total weight including the flap of material in a triangle and mitten hook at 2 oz,,so figure,,there is only a oz or maybe a little more of down in it? (and giving black rock the doubt) in it if that. I cut the mitten hook and triangle of excess material off it for my weight, with 4 oz of down, so figure the pillow material the shell is made of at 1.3 oz.
    Last edited by Acer; 04-16-2013 at 21:57.