Looking to update my suspension, in order of priority:

#1: Minimize setup/adjustment/takedown time.
#2: Minimize bulk.
#3: Modularity.
#4: Minimize weight (but not at the expense of other goals).

My current suspension consists solely of two 8' lengths of 1" climbing-spec tubular webbing (94g/3.3oz each). No other hardware besides the heavy ss S-hooks tied into the hammock ends (stock Grand Trunk UL). It works, but it's slow, bulky and does not allow for on-the-fly adjustment. Furthermore, I need to tie a [water knot] end loop at each end, which–even making the smallest possible 1 to 1.5" loops with very little slack–eliminates three[!] feet of webbing! Indeed, I've run out in the field and had to use two hammock's worth of webbing to pitch only one hammock. This is clearly not ideal.

What I'm interested in putting together:

1) Ditching the stock S-hooks and cordage in favor of Amsteel continuous loops.
2) Whoopie sling with a whoopie hook on the fixed eye connect to continuous loops; the adjustable eye contains a safety bead.
3) Adj. eye of w.sling fed into a biner which is clove hitched to a 10' polyester tree strap (no clips or other hardware at end-loop of the strap).

I'm favoring having the w.hook on the fixed eye for two reasons. (1) To allow for the possibility of the adjustable end of the w.sling to fit over larger hardware, such as Dutch buckles. (2) To keep the w.tail under the rainfly (even though the w.hook also functions as a water break).

I feel this setup would allow for pitching in tight quarters (ditch the whoopie slings and just use straps) and also when the trunks are large and/or far apart (slings + straps).

Does anyone see anything unreasonable with this setup? Any comments, suggestions?