WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0+4oz
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    I know for a fact if i can get anybody else talked into hanging, ill ateer them in the sirection of the Warbonnet line. Haven't heard one complaint other than the wait.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0+4oz
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    I know for a fact if i can get anybody else talked into hanging, ill ateer them in the sirection of the Warbonnet line. Haven't heard one complaint other than the wait.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    He is indeed swamped with orders, his new XLC line of Blackbirds is hugely successful. I personally have a UQ Protector/Poncho on order with him, but knew beforehand that it would be a while just because of his success. I've ordered many a hammock from Brandon and have always been more than satisfied with the results. That's why I proudly rock a Warbonnet Outdoors sticker on the back window of my car. Don't worry, it will come!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad :(
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

Got my WBBB and camo Superfly today!

Ordered on March 26th and live in Sweden so couldn't be happier. Got the shipping notice after 3 weeks just like WB said and then a week for it to get here from overseas.

Whooo Buddy it is some sexy hardware(?) / software(?) What the dang are these hammock supplies anyways?

See here for the thread on it:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...045#post995045

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    He is indeed swamped with orders, his new XLC line of Blackbirds is hugely successful. I personally have a UQ Protector/Poncho on order with him, but knew beforehand that it would be a while just because of his success. I've ordered many a hammock from Brandon and have always been more than satisfied with the results. That's why I proudly rock a Warbonnet Outdoors sticker on the back window of my car. Don't worry, it will come!
    That's weird!

"I personally have a UQ Protector/Poncho on order with him [too], but knew beforehand that it would be a while just because of his success."
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    WBRR 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    pads, WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    +1. Love all the cottage vendors through this site. It's really boosting my belief and enthusiasm for supporting small cottage vendors across the outdoor (and other) industries.
    I'm starting to opine that the inability to reasonably respond to spikes in demand might warrant a reclassification from "cottage vendor" to "hobbyist". Just my opinion - not necessarily a strongly negative one. I have two hammocks on order.

Hammock
    WBBB, Night Owl,WBRR
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex, WD13
    Insulation
    AHNR, LocoGP, AHRC
    Suspension
    adj. web, whoopie
    I am totally new here. I emailed Brandon he responded within minutes, I told him I needed a BB single 1.7 and asked if they were in stock he said yes I told him I needed it for an upcoming trip next week. I ordered from him yesterday on sale, got conformation of shipment this am. So far Brandon rocks.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH UL
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB TQ& UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware
    Good for you Keith. I'm at 3 weeks for BUCKLES.

Placed order on March 31, got shipping notice on April 23.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1csleptonkayak View Post
    I'm starting to opine that the inability to reasonably respond to spikes in demand might warrant a reclassification from "cottage vendor" to "hobbyist". Just my opinion - not necessarily a strongly negative one. I have two hammocks on order.
    I guess it depends on your definition of "reasonably respond". Brandon does this full time and has several (part time or full time - not sure which) staff so he's definitely a full-time business. But, dealing with spikes in demand is tough. Do you hire more full-time folks, train them (with quality issues along the way) and then lay them off when demand drops? Do you get part time folks (with even more quality issues along the way)? Do you outsource to China? Do you invest a large sum of your own money to hire folks on to build an inventory?

Small businesses run as a manufacturing plant are extremely tough. We recently made about 60 hammocks for a scout project (selling about 20 of them to help fund it) and it was an eye-opening experience, even with having lots of history running small businesses.

Getting items to an in-stock level is certainly doable (as a few places like Jacks R Better has shown), but is very tough - especially to do while still turning a profit and keeping a business with cash flow, etc. That's why so few cottage vendors are perfect at it. DreamHammocks, HammockGear, BIAS, etc. are more or less in the same place as Brandon. As are Enlightened Equipment, TarpTents and many other similar outdoor industry cottage vendors.

Don't get me wrong - I'd LOVE it if Warbonnet could ship out faster - I think we all would. But, I'm also personally willing to be flexible to help support him (and other GREAT vendors, like HammockGear, DreamHammocks, etc.).
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast