WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0+4oz
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    I'm sure he's swamped as usual, I know I was getting overly anxious waiting on my hammock. But guess what, IT CAME! ;-) just try to be patient.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Your gear will come....he is very reliable. Small businesses just cant always do it all like large companies. The more they are on the phone or emailing....the less they are sewing.
    Worth the wait and wonder.
    Shug
    ++True....false.
    ++MAJORLY FALSE: See jacksrbettr.com. Same or next day shipping. JRB built the business to finance inventory, enabling same or next day shipping.
    ++True.
    ++Depends on the need, but no doubt one of the not-so-many exercisers of real R&D here, and there are NO complaints about craftsmanship and tailoring, either.

From PMs with a couple here: Tell Brandon you need something by a date when you order, and he may expedite, or refuse the order. And the expediting is significant, putting you forward in the queue.

Of course, that will be abused by some who are shameless enough to post here that he always makes a claim for priority service. But, then, he wouldn't regard that as an abuse or cause for shame. Chacun son goût

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    ++True....false.
    ++MAJORLY FALSE: See jacksrbettr.com. Same or next day shipping. JRB built the business to finance inventory, enabling same or next day shipping.
    ++True.
    ++Depends on the need, but no doubt one of the not-so-many exercisers of real R&D here, and there are NO complaints about craftsmanship and tailoring, either.

From PMs with a couple here: Tell Brandon you need something by a date when you order, and he may expedite, or refuse the order. And the expediting is significant, putting you forward in the queue.

Of course, that will be abused by some who are shameless enough to post here that he always makes a claim for priority service. But, then, he wouldn't regard that as an abuse or cause for shame. Chacun son goût
    Why don't you just post your own thoughts on this rather than come in and try to put your take on JUST my opinions.
    My post was to the OP and I was giving him hope and my thoughts since I have dealt with Brandon at Warbonnet on many occasions over the years.
    But yes, the Jacks are expeditious. TRUE.

Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 04-20-2013 at 18:08.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    I'm going with Shug. I ordered my Blackbird and got it way before I thought I would. Still waiting on the Superfly and some accessories, but what's the rush? It's extremely high quality stuff and it's not mass-manufactured. On top of that, when you email "support" you're not getting someone random; you're getting the guy who actually constructs it for you.

I'm still new to this whole thing, but working with all of these cottage vendors is consistently blowing me away.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Senet View Post
    I'm still new to this whole thing, but working with all of these cottage vendors is consistently blowing me away.
    +1. Love all the cottage vendors through this site. It's really boosting my belief and enthusiasm for supporting small cottage vendors across the outdoor (and other) industries.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH UL
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB TQ& UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware
    Remember we're NOT talking hammocks or tarps we've ordered accessories. Carabiners, buckles, and stakes. Everything I ordered was supposedly in stock. I can see waiting on a tailored hammock but a metal buckle? Is he smelting alloy??

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    The wait will be worth it !!!!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineLounger View Post
    Remember we're NOT talking hammocks or tarps we've ordered accessories. Carabiners, buckles, and stakes. Everything I ordered was supposedly in stock. I can see waiting on a tailored hammock but a metal buckle? Is he smelting alloy??
    I understand where you're coming from. The thing isn't necessarily about even being in stock - some is just about turn-around times. His processing/shipping for ALL items, regardless of what was ordered, tends to follow that trend.

Honestly, while both my favorite hammocks are Warbonnet (RidgeRunner and BB XLC), that's why I won't order accessories there and typically go through Dutch.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

That's true, a queue is a queue. It might be easier to do your order, but like the grocery store, you can't cut in line because you have fewer things. I'm going to assume he doesn't have a shipping/receiving dept. and a order processing/fulfilling dept. He probably does most of it himself or with a helper or 2.

How many "I got a new WB (fill in the blank)!!" Guy is busy. He's always been good about responding to my inquiries though. And sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet. I ended up with a Camo SF I never really wanted because there were a few on the shelf and I had a trip coming up. I paid the extra money for availability. He went the extra mile and got it to me in days, because of my trip.

+19 on worth the wait though. And I don't regret the camo for a second, glad I was forced to get it instead of the solid because it's SHWEEEEET

Hammock
    BIAS/WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Had a question for Brandon got back with me in less 24 hrs.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast