Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    I should have read closer to others post? well I guess its always nice to hear it from a group

I use a clark NX 250 every night, indoors and out. Until just recently I used an under quilt made by folding a twin size comforter in half and adding grograin to form channels. This kept me completely comfortable in mid 20's and wind, and for top cover I used an old Slumber Jack 20 deg. sleeping beg as a top quilt. No problem with warmth, but a bit bulky and heavy to carry for very far. Some have made pillows insulated with down to slide into the pockets, someone even bought polyester insulated pillows to cram in the pockets, I tried this and it works, but the bottom line is that this hammock will not let you sleep comfortable in cold temps without some good insulation.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Re: Can I stay warm at 35 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by gnar View Post
    If you are worried about cost the clark might be the last thing you want to buy?? they also are bulky by them self. clarks do look like a great hammock dont get me wrong, I thought hard about buying 1 myself. A cheap gathered end hammock and a nice uq is what I would suggest? the 2 would cost less than a clark, although not have all the bells and whistles like a clark. then if you have a sleeping bag to use as a top quilt imo you can get a great set up for less money.
    I'm a newb but I travel into remote backcountry locations to fish. As an alpine climber, backcountry skier, and Mountain Rescue team member over 15 years I learned that good gear could not only make trips more enjoyable, but helped keep me alive in extreme conditions. I chose a Clark NX-250 because I have confidence in its rugged weatherproof and bug proof integrated system design.
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    A cheaper alternative to the clark which is very compatible with CCF is the Claytor. I use mine with ccf and sleeping bag down into the Negative twenties. No need to spend a fortune. The ccf size and thickness is important too. If yours isn't very wide or thick, get another fo $5-10 and cut it to fit the width of the pad pocket (claytor has a sleeve for the pad) this will double up the pad where you need it most (your core) and provide the extra width at your shoulders and hips.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    A cheaper alternative to the clark which is very compatible with CCF is the Claytor. I use mine with ccf and sleeping bag down into the Negative twenties. No need to spend a fortune. The ccf size and thickness is important too. If yours isn't very wide or thick, get another fo $5-10 and cut it to fit the width of the pad pocket (claytor has a sleeve for the pad) this will double up the pad where you need it most (your core) and provide the extra width at your shoulders and hips.
    Or you could just buy the Clark and be very happy with it.....

I've been down to 35 with just a Mountain Hardwear Lamina UL bag (32 deg rated) with my stuff in the pockets. Had the weather shield mostly zipped, but fine. If it gets below that I'll go with the Hennesy Reflector pad, though I do have a down UQ if it gets much colder.

They're not UL. However, for your size (I'm about the same a bit heavier) you'll have to get heavier hammocks in whatever anyone else puts out anyway.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234