Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Woobie
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Great pics! I just got my own DDFL, but I'm on the fence about the tarps...what size is that in your pics, Leeward419? My old army ponchos were good enough back in the day, but if I ever plan to get the family hanging-out with me, I'll need better weather protection.

What an awesome forum.

Hammock
    DD Frontline Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Welcome to the forum!

Somewhere in this thread he posted that he bought the 3x3 tarp from DD. I have the same one and it does a fine job covering the DDFL hammock.

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD
    Images
    Yep slept in it, aside from slidding down a bit,was very comfortable, re set it and it was even better.
    I just got the tree straps today!

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DD
    Images
    Its funny, the 3x3 is a little bit smaller than two US army ponchos snapped together, I have used two ofthem in the past to make a shelter. and any time you aren't on the ground, its much more comfortable. The pup tents really aren't much different, only they weigh a ton, especially when they get wet, although they are built tough.
    Love hammock, provides a much better spin on the outdoors than the above.

I'm still trying to entice my family to do the same, good luck with that!
    The forums here are great! Now if I can only figure out a better way to prime my Svea stove, I'd be happy.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-See-Um No More
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix UQ 20
    Suspension
    ENO Atlus Straps

New To The Hammock Hangout

I just received my new DD Frontline. Wow so impressed with the shipping it was amazing shipped on Monday from England and here Tuesday. I think the hammock has quality stitching and I love the black no-see-um attached bugnet. I really like that is has the double layer for a pad. I am not liking the feel of the material I guess I didn't read correctly and found out that is polyester and not nylon like my ENO was. I was expecting it to be softer material, buying online without being able to feel the product is always hard. Also the pack down size is a bit big for me as I am trying to use my smaller pack and this thing takes up too much room and can't be compressed too well. I had planned to switch the suspension on it from the lengthy black cord it comes with too. I am the fence to keep it. I like it but it isn't light or small enough for me and the material will be very durable but I prefer the parachute nylon feel. I am going to contact DD Hammocks and see what the return cost will be. I have a feeling a lot of shipping cost. I may want to sell it here instead to save myself from loosing too much money. My quest continues to find the perfect double layer, single size, light weight hammock with attached bug net for low price. This one almost made the perfect hammock for me if not for the two issues I have with it. Just personal preference.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-See-Um No More
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix UQ 20
    Suspension
    ENO Atlus Straps

Selling The DD Hammock Frontline

I ended up deciding to list the hammock on ebay, I wanted to sell it on here but didn't have enough posts (50 required) to start a new thread. I didn't want to start spamming the forums just to get my count up to be able to list it here. I guess it will be a trade up ebay fees vs paypal seller fees here. I just hope it goes to a happy hammock lover. It would cost over $40 to send it back so I would lose too much money that way. Wish me luck for a fast sale. If it doesn't sell on Ebay, I guess I'll try Amazon as I have sold stuff on there as well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123