Tarp
    Veries
    Insulation
    arbridge UQ, & OTH
    Suspension
    Cinge Bukles
    Images

hennessy hammock ??

so i have compared my hennessy hammock to another hammock i have and my hennessy hammock does not squeeze my shoulders like the other one. my question is what other hammock are out there that are wider with no shoulder squeeze??
    also it must have a bug net!!
    hang your own hang
    Bayou Serenity

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    I've very happy with the Blackbird. I don't notice any shoulder or calf issues. I haven't been in a DreamHammocks Roaming Gnome, but I imagine its very comfy.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    I have four models of Hennesseys' however the larger hammock the Survivor is miserable, it cuts my legs it pinches my shoulders, I hate it. I will be getting rid of it soon. The other three each lay a little differently, my ultra light is my favorite.

I also have the ENO Double, it is nice for what it is, no pinches. Just not as solid in MHO as the HH.

I have a Green Hornet, no pinch, okay for the price.

Molly M, it is also okay for the price, no pinch.

I am short 61 or 62 inches tall, however, I have major shoulder issues, they both have been repaired and have hardware in them, so I am sensative to being pinched, I have a computer in the left shoulder which makes for a big bump, not nice to have anything pushing on it. So far all the hammocks are fine in that department.

Maybe a bridge hammock is what you need or maybe suspend your gear a little differently.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Veries
    Insulation
    arbridge UQ, & OTH
    Suspension
    Cinge Bukles
    Images

nah

Quote Originally Posted by HURTHEART View Post
    I have four models of Hennesseys' however the larger hammock the Survivor is miserable, it cuts my legs it pinches my shoulders, I hate it. I will be getting rid of it soon. The other three each lay a little differently, my ultra light is my favorite.

I also have the ENO Double, it is nice for what it is, no pinches. Just not as solid in MHO as the HH.

I have a Green Hornet, no pinch, okay for the price.

Molly M, it is also okay for the price, no pinch.

I am short 61 or 62 inches tall, however, I have major shoulder issues, they both have been repaired and have hardware in them, so I am sensative to being pinched, I have a computer in the left shoulder which makes for a big bump, not nice to have anything pushing on it. So far all the hammocks are fine in that department.

Maybe a bridge hammock is what you need or maybe suspend your gear a little differently.
    no i love the way my HH lays just trying to find other out there that lay the same way.
    hang your own hang
    Bayou Serenity

Love my Clark!!! Its huge inside, no should squeeze at all.And though alotta people wine about the price if you put it up to a HH comparable package with tarp and everything its actually cheaper.

Goal is to prepare for the AT by hiking the Florida Trail because it’s close to my home. Problem is that I’m 6’6” and around 300lbs. I’ve done short hikes and my only real concern is sleeping at night. 21 years in the Marines took a toll on my lower back, plus I’ve gotten very used to a comfortable bed since I retired. Thinking about the HH Safari Deluxe or the One Link Sleep System from ENO but I can’t decide and I hate buying things I can’t see first. Any tips or ideas would be well appreciated.
    Semper Fi

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)

hennessy hammock ??

I'd suggest trying to make it to a local hang. That's the best way to see gear and learn a bit from those that have already dealt with some of the things that come along with being new to the hobby. Being as tall as you are I would suggest an 11' hammock, but there's a lot involved. Don't rule out the warbonnet or dream hammocks or bias....
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

• + New Posts