BIAS double layer WWM
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Woopies

best setup

Im getting ready to upgrade from an eno to a double later micro wondering what setup options would be the best to go with or of I should get anything from another company that works better

Different strokes for different folks buddy. I'd go to a hang or two and get a look at some different rigs and get an idea of what would work for your needs.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: best setup

What do you mean setup?

Suspension? Like he^^^said there are a million options... I like UCRs and tree straps... But everyone is different...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    +1 on attending a group hang and on how much things can vary. If you give a bit more info about your style and criteria, we can more easily provide recommendations.

For example:
    On a budget? Looking to spend a certain amount?
    Do you backpack or car camp? If backpack, lightweight/ultralight or anything goes?
    What's your height/weight (approximate)?
    Do you use a pad or UQ?
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    BIAS double layer WWM
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Woopies
    ok sorry about that can't find any hangs in my area but I will keep looking. As far as more info it's a mix between CT and backpacking weight isn't the biggest factor by space is a factor. I have python straps now which I think would be easy to cut down some weight and they are very bulky. Budget isn't a main concern I work hard so I can splurge a little. My height is 6'4" and I wish 240 im looking for a fast setup with not slot of knot tying and stuff.. Pretty much want the Woodie slings not sure what kind or if there is much of a difference. The tree straps and connections for everything thanks for all your help

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Seems there might be a bit of a language barrier, but I'll do my best.

I think you are asking for suggestions on a new set up? With your height and weight, I'd get an 11' hammock with a 1.1 or even 1.7 double layer. Depending on if you want an integrated net will help narrow your choices. I'm not sure why this is in the BIAS sections, but since it is, we'll stick to those for now. The Weight Weenie is a great option for a hammock. BIAS also sells a net that fits it very well. With bug season about hit full force, you will need a net. As far as suspension goes, whoopies are nice. I recently switched all my hammocks from whoopies to UCRs (but that's just a personal preference). The most simple suspension (in my oppinion) is the webbing straps with buckles, but again, it's about personal preference. If you need a tarp, I'd suggest a Superfly (by warbonnet) or a Tadpole (by Wilderness Logics). If you don't have quilts, that shouldn't be too much a big deal in the warmer months. You can get by with a sleeping bag, but for comfort....a good set of quilts is awfully nice.

Not sure if I helped or made things worse. Let us know a little more about what you are interested in and we will do our best to help out.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Seems there might be a bit of a language barrier, but I'll do my best.

I think you are asking for suggestions on a new set up? With your height and weight, I'd get an 11' hammock with a 1.1 or even 1.7 double layer. Depending on if you want an integrated net will help narrow your choices. I'm not sure why this is in the BIAS sections, but since it is, we'll stick to those for now. The Weight Weenie is a great option for a hammock. BIAS also sells a net that fits it very well. With bug season about hit full force, you will need a net. As far as suspension goes, whoopies are nice. I recently switched all my hammocks from whoopies to UCRs (but that's just a personal preference). The most simple suspension (in my oppinion) is the webbing straps with buckles, but again, it's about personal preference. If you need a tarp, I'd suggest a Superfly (by warbonnet) or a Tadpole (by Wilderness Logics). If you don't have quilts, that shouldn't be too much a big deal in the warmer months. You can get by with a sleeping bag, but for comfort....a good set of quilts is awfully nice.

Not sure if I helped or made things worse. Let us know a little more about what you are interested in and we will do our best to help out.
    I want you to buy our stuff, but I find little wrong with this reply. NAILED IT.

I use two suspensions: 1) 100 inch straps with toggles (Caveman says buckles... both accomplish the same thing... hardware connection to your webbing). I tie toggles where they fit. Perfect for 30-45 inch trees from 12 to 15 feet apart.
    2) Our full kit. I agree with Caveman that UCRs are awesome, but they are more finicky. I still use whoopies, straps and toggles. This is better from 15-25 feet. You can also bling it out with Dutchware (I do) or you can strip it down and thread the whoopies through the channel loops. Both are great, and there are Caveman's suggestions.

There are five parts to the perfect setup: 1) Suspension. It all starts there. 2) Hammock. It's critically important for comfort. 3) Bug net. No fun when you're being bitten by critters. 4) Tarp. Not necessary if you're a fish or if you camp one night at a time in perfect weather (though I hate dew collecting on my nose). 5) Insulation. Pad or underquilt?

Each of the five has many options. It's nearly infinite. We all have different opinions which is why this is such a great forum. We get to debate, discuss, introduce, argue, agree and disagree ad nauseum.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    BIAS double layer WWM
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    Woopies

Thankyou!!!!!!

Sorry if I caused any confusion I belive I found out what I want... Brian I will be ordering everything from you Im gonna go with the whoopie slings with the whoopie hooks I think the 72 inch straps should be long enough for me Im also gonna get the regular bug net I think but still have to research between the nano and reg for my final decision. Im not really sure what exactly the knotty tie is but people seem to like it so gonna get that too. not sure if you have the dutch clips for the tree straps but might try them too. oh and like I said im 6'4" 240 lbs with the double layer micro would it be better with the 64inch or 60 I cant see it adding that much weight so lets go with which would be more comfortable or is it getting overboard thank you thank you thank you I absolutely loooove hanging and am still trying to learn more about it

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Quote Originally Posted by itsharv View Post
    Sorry if I caused any confusion I belive I found out what I want... Brian I will be ordering everything from you Im gonna go with the whoopie slings with the whoopie hooks I think the 72 inch straps should be long enough for me Im also gonna get the regular bug net I think but still have to research between the nano and reg for my final decision. Im not really sure what exactly the knotty tie is but people seem to like it so gonna get that too. not sure if you have the dutch clips for the tree straps but might try them too. oh and like I said im 6'4" 240 lbs with the double layer micro would it be better with the 64inch or 60 I cant see it adding that much weight so lets go with which would be more comfortable or is it getting overboard thank you thank you thank you I absolutely loooove hanging and am still trying to learn more about it
    Go 64". At your height, you would be one of the folks who could make good use of that extra room. The knotty is an area of stretch that gathers at opposite sides/ends. Head area/foot area for instance on a diagonal lie. Makes a nice pocket for your topquilt and pillow and creates sort of a "poor man's footbox." We recommend 72" straps in the east, 100" in the west, though that's sort of a joke about our often-cut trees in the Eastern U.S. and the big boys in the Pacific Northwest that are massive. 100" straps and toggles make a nice suspension system if you're trying to skip on using whoopies or if you anticipate extreme distances on your trees or fat trees. I use 72" with whoopies and have never met my match due to that (though finding enough trees to hang in the park at Reelfoot Lake finally did me in and I hooked one end up on tncamper's trailer).

We have Dutch whoopie hooks, not the clips. The connect easily from your whoopie slings to the channel loops. They are "made to fit" the 7/64 AmSteel we use.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jbrianb; 04-23-2013 at 19:24.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

• + New Posts