ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    SilNylon 4 season
    Insulation
    HGBurrow&Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Colorado Hanger

Hi everyone - I am excited to join the hammock community! I got my first hammock for my birthday two years ago(almost to the day).

I had seen some lightweight hammocks randomly on Amazon and decided I wanted one. After I got my ENO doublenest I started looking for bug nets (I lived in Mississippi at the time) and happened to see pictures of people camping in hammocks. Ever since then I wanted to do it so when I moved back to Colorado I decided to give it a try. My first hang was about two months ago. It snowed 6-8 inches and had high gusty wind and got down to the teens(much lower with wind chill).

I used a cheap tarp from harbor freight and two camping pads side by side in my hammock for insulation. I kept the tarp really close above the hammock and I stayed pretty warm all night. The other campers in tents had a much rougher night than I did.

After that I was told about this forum from someone at church and I have been reading it since. Thanks Zelph! (not the stove Zelph)

Now I'm committed to hanging. I tried it again this month with a different pad and was much colder and less comfortable even though it was warmer (high 20's low 30's). I need to find a better insulation solution.

So far all I own is a hammock but I'm looking into the least expensive ways to get the gear I need for the ultimate 4 season hang.

Thanks for all the knowledge I have gained from this forum already and for what I will gain from you all in the future!

Greetings.

• + New Posts