WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ouachita hiker View Post
    You might consider becoming a member of Backpacking Arkansas. There are folks hiking that trail just about every week. Leigh, also a member here,
    just hiked it last weekend and has a lengthy trip report posted. Lots of good info on the trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    On this forum or the other... I don't see it if it's on this forum... I see Shane's trip report from a while back...
    Thanks for the help guys! Definitely trying to hang out with more people on here. Just registered on Backpacking Arkansas too

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Re: Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by ouachita hiker View Post
    You might consider becoming a member of Backpacking Arkansas. There are folks hiking that trail just about every week. Leigh, also a member here,
    just hiked it last weekend and has a lengthy trip report posted. Lots of good info on the trail.
    I think I passed Leigh as I was exiting the Athens Big Fork on the north end. She was soloing going the other way. I've met her before at a Texas hang and thought she looked familiar.
    Last edited by ^shane^; 04-26-2013 at 21:41.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    I think I passed Leigh as I was exciting the Athens Big Fork on the north end. She was soloing going the other way. I've met her before at a Texas hang and thought she looked familiar.
    Small world I might give solo hiking a try sometime. Just have to gather the courage to do so lol.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    Shane, you most like passed her. She said she talked with several people that was surprised she was solo...

Jaker, normally it takes 2.5 days to do this loop trail. Due to a huge project going on at work, I can't take any whole days off, but I think I could take a half a day. We could start on a Friday evening and go til dark, then get it the next 2 days... you can email me at [email protected]

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Yeah a buddy and I did it in 26 hours, but we were rushing it and I didn't get to enjoy it last time. I definitely want to slow it down a bit and soak it all in rather than being a pack mule lol. Ill send you an email though!

Hammock
    Bias. wwm
    Hey there jaker was thinking of doing some hiking soon I'm not too far from you I live in Texarkana and allways looking for someone to hike with shoot me a message if you are interested thanks

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag/Pad
    Suspension
    AtlaStraps/Whoopie
    Know this post is a bit old, but my wife and kids and I love getting up there. We try to get up there at least every 3 months or so. If anyone is interested in meeting up, let me know. I think we're heading up there mid July, I think 17,18,19th.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Just let me know mark! I'm sure I'll be wanting to get on the trail again. Brute, Caveman, Spidey, and I just tried to do it yesterday and it got flooded out So we ended up just camping for the night. Was unfortunate. Hopefully it's more dry on my next trip there. I'm always available though

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag/Pad
    Suspension
    AtlaStraps/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
    Just let me know mark! I'm sure I'll be wanting to get on the trail again. Brute, Caveman, Spidey, and I just tried to do it yesterday and it got flooded out So we ended up just camping for the night. Was unfortunate. Hopefully it's more dry on my next trip there. I'm always available though
    We'll be going up there for sure, but more of an out and back trip. We're taking our youngest boy this time, so there will be 5 of us, and wont' be doing the entire loop. We'll most likely park at the winding stairs th, and hiking to the horse trail. I'm wanting my wife to give the go ahead for the first two climbs to 106 and then taking the 106 back to the th, but I'm not sure she's up for that with the little one. We'll see though. I'll have a definite trip planned here pretty soon, until then we've got 4 small trips planned in TX and OK.

Hammock
    DIY by Smokehouse
    Tarp
    DIY by Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I did two of three days with Smokehouse. I would like to go but would have to meet up at a road crossing on a Saturday since I don't have any free weekdays. Then hike the remainder of the trail. This worked well last time but it rained all day and I missed a lot of the views. Send a pm when you'd be interested in going.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast