DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    If I may add a suggestion.

Start off by parking at the cross river state wayside and hike on up from there. Pick a site on the cross river as those 4 are some of the best on the trail. Wake up on day two and hike to the Caribou river multi-group which is 12-15 mile hike depending on where you camped the first night. On your last day, wake up and hike north to the sugar loaf parking lot where you could have shuttled and left a car the first day.

I actually drove by the sugar loaf campsite Friday night and the creek there was raging. The snow "should" be gone by next weekend and it would be such an awesome sloopy time to be on the trail.

Fronkey

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* UQ, 20* TQ
    Suspension
    WS + Whoopie Hooks
    I'm possibly down for this trip as well. My buddy and I just figured out we can make it up there that weekend and now we just need to plan out some details. We had planned to hike the Bean/Bear Lakes loop but we are always open to suggestions. I really like Fronkey's suggestions if anyone else is down for that.
    Right now the SHT has about 12-20 inches of snow, according to the SHTA website. This map from the DNR is also a helpful indicator for snow depths.
    No matter what the plan ends up being, we're going to be hiking somewhere on the trail. It'll be good to get out there and hike!!
    -Dan

Bikes, guns, beer, and camping make me .

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0* UQ, 20* TQ
    Suspension
    WS + Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Algonz View Post
    I'm taking the day off so the latest I will be leaving is nine so that should put me up there around one. I talked to a shuttle service but its kinda pricy so if you are going to be up there at a similar time maybe we can figure something out.
    The shuttle doesn't start until the weekend after this trip, so it won't be an option as far as I know.

I'd be willing to shuttle with someone who could get up to the trail in the afternoon on Friday and leave early Sunday morning.
    -Dan

Bikes, guns, beer, and camping make me .

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    If I may add a suggestion.

Start off by parking at the cross river state wayside and hike on up from there. Pick a site on the cross river as those 4 are some of the best on the trail. Wake up on day two and hike to the Caribou river multi-group which is 12-15 mile hike depending on where you camped the first night. On your last day, wake up and hike north to the sugar loaf parking lot where you could have shuttled and left a car the first day.

I actually drove by the sugar loaf campsite Friday night and the creek there was raging. The snow "should" be gone by next weekend and it would be such an awesome sloopy time to be on the trail.

Fronkey
    I like Fronkey's idea!
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Algonz View Post
    I'm taking the day off so the latest I will be leaving is nine so that should put me up there around one. I talked to a shuttle service but its kinda pricy so if you are going to be up there at a similar time maybe we can figure something out.
    I can likely do the same and be there the same time.... so we should be able to shuttle just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffy6 View Post
    I'm fine with that... PM me the details and I will check to see how much time I would need to get off work. I'm coming from Minneapolis so I am open to the option of a car pool.

If going south from TR I could take a half day on the Friday and hike to the Cross River that night, then off to the Caribou River then next day and out towards Crosby-Manitou on Sunday. Just a quick suggestion not sure how accommodating certain campsites are towards hammocks.
    I would be able to car pool, but like I said above, I'll likely be leaving early.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac
    Quote Originally Posted by hikingdad View Post
    I would be able to car pool, but like I said above, I'll likely be leaving early.
    Sorry misread your post thought you were ditching work early. I should be able to take the full day off if that is what the trip plan calls for.

Hammock
    diy 1.1 oz
    Tarp
    diy cat cut
    Insulation
    hg incubator
    Suspension
    dutch whoopie hook
    [QUOTE=Rabid Deer;1001208]The shuttle doesn't start until the weekend after this trip, so it won't be an option as far as I know.

North coast call n ride independently owned by a nice gal named Mary.

Hammock
    diy 1.1 oz
    Tarp
    diy cat cut
    Insulation
    hg incubator
    Suspension
    dutch whoopie hook
    [QUOTE=hikingdad;1001297]I can likely do the same and be there the same time.... so we should be able to shuttle just fine.

All right then I guess now its just a waiting game.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG & UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have Friday off and wouldn't mind carpooling. I could only fit one other person in my car, but would be willing to contribute gas money I'd soneone else wanted to drive.

Hammock
    DIY headessey
    Tarp
    blackcat
    Insulation
    primaloft tq/uq
    Suspension
    whoopies & huggers
    Images
    I can help shuttle if needed, but I won't be camping. If you need help with logistics just lmk.
    --If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast