Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Mophead, I hope you are ok. I will not recommend triple munter because of amsteel breaking. Sorry about that. I was using 1/8. Thanks for testing different suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by ocnlogan View Post
    Out of curiosity, were you trying to break the amsteel? Just trying to understand, as I can't imagine trying to sleep in a hammock with 0 sag. And to be clear, the ropes broke at the knots (not just slipped), correct? Just trying to make sure I'm understanding right.

So far I still feel fine using my current method (I've been using 1050lb spectra for the past year, and never shown any sign of slipping/falling/failing). So it stands to reason that at the very least, if my methods and use remain the same, that 1400lb amsteel should be at least as good as that.

But in the future I may just get 1/8in amsteel, as its just that much more security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    Mophead, I hope you are ok. I will not recommend triple munter because of amsteel breaking. Sorry about that. I was using 1/8. Thanks for testing different suspensions.
    No problem!!!! Keep the ideas coming phantom grappler. I was only testing in the back yard and knew the risk. I wasn't trying to sleep just testing knots, and not being very scientific about it.

The line did break at the knot in both cases not just slippage. Although in the dynaglide what happened a few times testing was the knot would slip a short distance, grip again, then immediately break.

I am currently using 7/64 Amsteel with a dynaglide loop on the hammock ends. I am tying a strange knot that's kind of like a slippery fig. Of 8 becket with twists. There are pics and videos of it in the thread titled something like 'becket hitch ideas and questions'. Ksbcrocks has been using his bend as well shown in that thread and neither one of us have had a failure with normal usage. I weigh about 230lbs right now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567