Exped ergo combi
    Tarp
    Exped tarp
    Insulation
    Ahe jarbridge rive
    Suspension
    Button hole rope

An Overlooked Hammock

There is a hammock that few people own and know about, I would just like to put its name out there and tell you why This is a great hammock.
    the name of the hammock is the Exped ergo combi the manufacture is Exped, a company known for their sleeping pads and a few backpacks. they also pruduce an exellent hammock that I own and think that it is more comfortable than the eno, blackbird,and snipe. the hammock gives you a flat lay the only way that i can describe it is when you have a pad inserted in the pad holder it is like a bed. Exped makes great swiss made products. if you havent allredy you should check out www.exped.com the hammock is reasonably priced only $219 on amazon for a brillent hammock amd tarp and suspention. there are few videos on youtube for this hammock, but I recomend the video by fourdogs

thank you

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    This is a hammock that I have seen on post here, I am sure it is very comfortable but at 51.9 ounces and the price, there are a lot of lighter and less expensive hammocks out there. Hey if you like that is all that matters
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    I agree with mountnmain; looks like a great hammock but at that weight it's a bit challenging for the backpacker. Good potential for a car camper or short distance hiker and it does look well made.
    Gideon

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet BB, dream hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly, edge
    Insulation
    AHE jarbidge, UGQ
    Suspension
    woopies
    looks real nice, but all the suspension lines and weight worry me. seems like alot of places 4 stuff to go wrong? I would love to try 1, looks comfy! but like mountnman said wow heavy! and I just dont like 2,000 lines to go bad, tangle, or 4 me to have to figure out how to replace? my 2 cents.

Hammock
    Exped ergo combi
    Tarp
    Exped tarp
    Insulation
    Ahe jarbridge rive
    Suspension
    Button hole rope
    I have no problem sacrificing a little weight for a great nights sleep plus it isn't verry heavy if you replace the bulky suspention and ridgeline and add whoopie slings if you do this it will only weigh 2.2 pounds, don't forget this weight includes a spacious sil nilon tarp and stakes also if you put it in a tighter fitting stuf sack it packs down to the same size as 2nalgene bottles.The setup isnt ultralightweight but it shure is comfortable

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I've seen one up close and it looks like a really flat comfortable lay. I echo some of the other sentiments about all the lines. I'd probably have all kinds of tangles eventually knowing my luck. Other than that it looks like a nice hammock.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    To be fair, the specs are for the entire kit.
    51.9 oz includes the tarp/fly, stuff sack, rigging and the hammock. As does the price.

http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped...C?Opendocument

Hammock
    Exped ergo combi
    Tarp
    Exped tarp
    Insulation
    Ahe jarbridge rive
    Suspension
    Button hole rope
    The line that exped uses is fairly stiff and has never tangled in 2 years of use they use dineema and for easy storage there are snakeskins that come with the hammock to cover the iines. the only bulky part of this hammock is the suspention which can be easily replaced.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    The hammock itself (without suspension) weighs 700g (24.7oz) according to Exped. It has a weight limit of 150kg (330lbs). It's a double layer and would probably be somewhere in between a WBBB DL 1.1 and 1.7, which weigh 25.5/34.5oz. So I'd say it's actually pretty light! And then it also is more like a bridge than a gathered end hammock, which makes it even lighter in comparison.

Unfortunately, I have not seen or used one yet, but I would definitely be interested. I asked an Ergo user about the lines, and he said, they don't tangle. When packing the hammock, it has sleeves which go over the lines and prevent tangling.

My main concern with this hammock is, that you lie in a 90° angle to the tarp ridge line, which probably makes using other tarps than the Ergo tarp difficult. But other bridge hammocks seem to have their tarp issues, too.

Oh - and you probably won't be able to use a normal underquilt with the Ergo. It was designed to be used with a pad.

An Overlooked Hammock

I'll take the link for the $200ish price. Just checked amazon and it $378!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast