WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Top Quilt Question

Trying to decide between a Revelation by Enlightened or a TopFlight by UGQ.

I am afraid the baffled construction of the Revelation would get on my nerves and I THINK I would prefer the more traditional construction of the TopFlight but I am not sure.

Any thoughts on the two?

Also, is the 850 down really that much better than the 700 or 750? TIA
    Last edited by MississipVol; 12-29-2013 at 21:12.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    There are lots of ways to look at it, but as long as you're not locked into one or the other, JRB makes the Stealth Sniveler rated @ 40 degrees. With a 20* UQ I've taken it down into the high teens low 20's, with little more than base layers and wool socks.

These quilts are "wearable" and can even be configured into an UQ if necessary. Right at $199.00 last time I looked for the 40 degree offering. I found one for 155 on our FS thread, but you don't see too many of them running through there. Good solid quilt. Usually in stock and ready to ship.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    There are lots of ways to look at it, but as long as you're not locked into one or the other, JRB makes the Stealth Sniveler rated @ 40 degrees. With a 20* UQ I've taken it down into the high teens low 20's, with little more than base layers and wool socks.

These quilts are "wearable" and can even be configured into an UQ if necessary. Right at $199.00 last time I looked for the 40 degree offering. I found one for 155 on our FS thread, but you don't see too many of them running through there. Good solid quilt. Usually in stock and ready to ship.
    They must have gone up since then because they are $260 and don't offer a wide version which I am interested in.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Correct on the wide, but my web page says the 40 Sierra Stealth is still 199.95.

Any of our vendors can do wide, long, or what ever anyone needs to have them do.

Didn't mean to steer the thread or the OP away from their prime directive. Wearable quilts do mean you can at least consider leaving the puffer jacket at home from time to time.

Carry on
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Correct on the wide, but my web page says the 40 Sierra Stealth is still 199.95.

Any of our vendors can do wide, long, or what ever anyone needs to have them do.

Didn't mean to steer the thread or the OP away from their prime directive. Wearable quilts do mean you can at least consider leaving the puffer jacket at home from time to time.

Carry on
    Sorry! In your previous post you wrote the "Stealth Sniveler" so when I googled it the price on the Sierra Sniveller came up. But, yes, you are right - the Sierra Stealth IS $199 so I will check that one out more closely. Thanks.

Anyone on the baffled design of the Revelation quilts or whether I should pay the extra money to go with the 850 down?

Hammock
    Darien 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UnderGround Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I own several UGQ quilts and you can't go wrong with them. Contact Paul and Missy and disuss your concerns with them. They'll give you a better idea of what will work for you.
    Its a proven fact that 78.4% of all statstics are made up on the spot.

Stone's Videos

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    +1 on UGQ. Paul and Missy are great folks. You won't be disappointed.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    WBBB & HH Exped Zip
    Tarp
    SF, HH Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Grlk3,EERevX20
    Suspension
    Web/Whoopie Sling
    Not a lot to add to above. I have the EE a Rev X 20, and love it. On sale, best value I could find. Excellent construct, loft, size perfect for me at 5'11" and 175#. Not a complaint at all, but it does not have the ActivDri down situation. I've never had a problem sheltering my quilts, but it would be nice if it had some water repellency, etc.

I Aldo have the JRB Greylock 20 degree 3/4 length UQ with the ActiveDri-love it too. Each are super warm and soft, well made.

To my decision point, my next purchase will be the UGQ Flight Jacket 50 degree TQ, because of price point AND their treated down and DWR at that nice price. I will likely use the UGQ in warmer and wetter circumstances, which is the only reason I'll shift from EE for the next one. However I love both my JRB and EE.
    J3

"No Matter where you go, there you are." -B. Banzai
    -Crede quod habes et habes-

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    The Karo Step baffles of the EE quilt shouldn't be an issue. I don't have one made by them, but have made several Karo Step quilts and LOVE them! with that design, you have the option to shake to down towards your feet or anywhere else that gets a little colder. With other closed off designs, you can't do that. The down wont shift inadvertently if that is what you are worried about.

As far as the fill power of the down, 850 will simply be lighter than lesser fill powers (as well as a bit of bulk). 700 is still considered high fill power, and the difference in weight will be only around an ounce.
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJackJim View Post
    Not a lot to add to above. I have the EE a Rev X 20, and love it. On sale, best value I could find. Excellent construct, loft, size perfect for me at 5'11" and 175#. Not a complaint at all, but it does not have the ActivDri down situation. I've never had a problem sheltering my quilts, but it would be nice if it had some water repellency, etc.

I Aldo have the JRB Greylock 20 degree 3/4 length UQ with the ActiveDri-love it too. Each are super warm and soft, well made.

To my decision point, my next purchase will be the UGQ Flight Jacket 50 degree TQ, because of price point AND their treated down and DWR at that nice price. I will likely use the UGQ in warmer and wetter circumstances, which is the only reason I'll shift from EE for the next one. However I love both my JRB and EE.
    Thanks for your feedback. The lack of water repellency on the RevX is something I hadn't noticed before which will definitely add to my decision process. Thanks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast