Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I surprised myself and ordered the kit last night. <shrug>

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Sounds like it's mostly intended for the Hennessy - how would it work on the Blackbird, do you think?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    Sounds like it's mostly intended for the Hennessy - how would it work on the Blackbird, do you think?
    Lori, et al,

The JRB Weather Shield modified DriDucks (tm) poncho is intended to work on any hammock.... Providing for that capabilty by necessity makes one insure that it works on a HH....Because the BB is basically an Asym gathered end hammock, and because of the numberous posts that the JRB quilts work fine on it also we believe that the poncho weather shield conversion will also work well on the BB. Alignment of the foot box area may take an extra small piece of string but the side loops are in the general position to allow for a good fit.... A couple BB owners have ordered one....They are shipping today so, perhaps they will comment in the near future.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Lori, et al,

The JRB Weather Shield modified DriDucks (tm) poncho is intended to work on any hammock.... Providing for that capabilty by necessity makes one insure that it works on a HH....Because the BB is basically an Asym gathered end hammock, and because of the numberous posts that the JRB quilts work fine on it also we believe that the poncho weather shield conversion will also work well on the BB. Alignment of the foot box area may take an extra small piece of string but the side loops are in the general position to allow for a good fit.... A couple BB owners have ordered one....They are shipping today so, perhaps they will comment in the near future.

Pan
    Since I have both the BB and the Hennessy, I can see that the tie outs are not in the same place and don't function the same way - they don't hold out the asym points of the hammock body as the HH does. It should be an easy matter to match the poncho to the hammock; the quilts do work great with the BB, but you don't use the loops provided for the tie outs at all on the BB. I'd guess the poncho needs to be gathered and tied but shaped differently on the BB. Maybe this is bringing up the obvious, but I wondered what the more experienced BB hammockers are going to do - which tie point they will use to gather the poncho and if there is a difference in ease of use or function. I hope the other BB users post pictures.

Hammock
    HH Asym Expedition
    Tarp
    McCat Delux
    Insulation
    JRB Top and bottom
    Images
    I like the idea of this system. I currently have a poncho that I use to cover me and my pack in the event of rain. I really haven't had to field test it yet. Is the Driducks big enough to cover the pack as well?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    I like the idea of this system. I currently have a poncho that I use to cover me and my pack in the event of rain. I really haven't had to field test it yet. Is the Driducks big enough to cover the pack as well?
    Depends - it does fine with my Granite Gear, but if I had a huge bomber external frame with a bull moose strapped to it, the backs of my legs might be at risk, as well as most of the moose.

Hammock
    HH Asym Expedition
    Tarp
    McCat Delux
    Insulation
    JRB Top and bottom
    Images
    I know size is realative This is the pack I am using. My guess is it's not too big but would love an opinion on it by those with a better eye for gear than me.
    Last edited by Ashman; 02-22-2009 at 17:52.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    I kow size is realative This is the pack I am using. My guess is it's not too big but would love an opinion on it by those with a better eye for gear than me.
    Funny how the description considers a base weight under 20 pounds to be ultralight >< I have my base just above 15 I think and I would barely consider my self medium light weight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12