WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: Post your ultralight hammock setups!

WWM, amsteel UCRs, nano buginator bugnet, tree straps and toggles... 20 oz... Could easily shave this down a few oz by dropping my carabiner toggles for some aluminum arrow shafts(owned but not preferred)... I do have dynaglide UCRs, but they have not been installed yet so that should shave a little more...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    He removed the logo tag...
    How did you guess

Quote Originally Posted by sethmcalister View Post
    Yoda,

What is your Darien UL setup e.g. how'd you get it to 11.4 oz? It specs out at 13.4 on the site.
    The listed spec on Dream is 13.8oz, but one needs to remember this is with the provided suspension, so ready to go hammock.

My suspension is based off Sgt.Rocks Dynaglide UCRS (he made a video and thread describing how to make them) using mule tape for the straps (mind you I made them to my specs, so short UCR's and short straps). I also switched out the amsteel cont loops for dynaglide. So this coupled with the weight of the hammock body gives me the 11.8oz.

Although in a month or so this weight may change (may get lighter) as I am going to change a few things on my set-up that I found I didn't care for while out at this past Mahha as I was testing a few things and found a couple faults I missed when I put it together (first mod).
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

I guess I need to go ahead and buy a scale...
    As of last night (new package from MLD arrived), i've got:
    GT Nano 7, whoopie slings, re-purposed ratchet tree straps, aluminum
    cleaning rod (~3/16"x2") toggles (attached to straps) should be somewhere around
    6-8oz all together.
    Fronkey bug net with Nanoseeum netting (5yd, minus corner cuts, plus 1/16" shock cord) should be ~4.5oz
    MLD UL spinn hammock tarp (asym diamond) 4.7oz..
    comes out to a theoretical 15-18 ounces...
    Now to go get a scale after work....
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Hillbilly View Post
    I guess I need to go ahead and buy a scale...
    As of last night (new package from MLD arrived), i've got:
    GT Nano 7, whoopie slings, re-purposed ratchet tree straps, aluminum
    cleaning rod (~3/16"x2") toggles (attached to straps) should be somewhere around
    6-8oz all together.
    Fronkey bug net with Nanoseeum netting (5yd, minus corner cuts, plus 1/16" shock cord) should be ~4.5oz
    MLD UL spinn hammock tarp (asym diamond) 4.7oz..
    comes out to a theoretical 15-18 ounces...
    Now to go get a scale after work....
    Sounds like a great set-up, with a little tweak here, and a little there you should have a really light set-up, quite possibly lighter than mine.

FWIW I have been looking at that MLD tarp pretty heavily for quite some time now, please let us know how it performs, with a good amount of pic's to go along with it.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF W/ doors
    Insulation
    EE above and below
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hook

Re: Post your ultralight hammock setups!

I'm using a nano 7 hammock with adjustable ridge, whoopies, straps & toggles and a Toxaway tarp (probably the biggest opportunity to shave weight right now) from AHE, bug sock from Papa Smurf. Working lots of OT to fund new down quilts too.

What are some benchmark weights for total weight for a summer, 3 season and winter setups?
    Hammock Gear List: https://lighterpack.com/r/cwjf0g

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear DCF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings

Post your ultralight hammock setups!

Glad I found this thread. I am working to reduce my weight a bit more to get to ul. I just bought a Golite poncho/tarp and it can perform double duty. I am going to look into the nano gt hammock to replace my beloved blackbird.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Ultralight and hammocking doesn't really work for me, I can go light but I need to be on the deck.

My lightest hanging setup would be ..

WBBB 1.1 SL + tree straps & Dutchware
    2/3 underquilt
    Summer rated top quilt
    HG cuben 4S tarp

Plus pack, cooking kit, food, FAK, wash kit, waterproofs, headtorch etc etc

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ
    looking to read more about people going ul like sgt.rock and other bloggers going ultra light

New parameters

I think this post is loaded with great ideas and brings a lot of talent and creativity from some great hangers, however I wonder if it should be divided into winter and summer set ups and also DIY and OEM setups. What say you ?

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11
    Insulation
    TQ & Foam Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Post your ultralight hammock setups!

I'm in Texas so my set up can be described as a 3-season since we lack a true winter. I keep what I call a just-add-water pack ready to go of quick overnights and weekend hikes. It weighs in at around 8 lbs without consumables. I broke it down a little on my blog which can be found at http://thefarmercamper.com/just-add-water

My hammock setup is a BIAS WWM with the nano bugnet. With suspension it comes in at about 16 oz. My tarp is a UGQ Hanger that ways in at about 13 with guy lines. I'm considering a smaller tarp for quick trips. My bottom insulation is a Gossamer Gear nitelite pad that doubles as my pack frame and chair around the campfire. My top insulation varies depending on the weather. Right now it is an 8 ounce mummy bag liner. I just got a JRB Sierra Snivler for the colder times, but when it's colder I usually don't need the bug net on the hammock.

Money well spent on key items helps you go lite, but you can really lighten by leaving behind anything you don't need to be safe and comfortable. Also, figuring out which gear can serve double or triple duty saves a lot of weight.
    -TheFarmerCamper

“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” - Hans Hofmann

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12