Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

New GoLite TQ

When on sale (or the extra good special sales), the GoLite TQ was one of the best value TQs around, IMO. Last fall they discontinued their line. Today, I looked on their site and their new line is up. Not for sale yet - but posted up.

Price is around $250, which might go a bit lower on special sales. The biggest disappointment was the rating. One choice (unless you look at the rectangular ones) - a 30*. They used to have what was considered a 20* and a 40*. While a 30* option is nice, I'm a bit disappointed to see the 20* option gone.

The fabric selections remain solid, though. I love the softness on the fabrics of my model.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I agree Breyman, they just plain screwed up in my book. I have a 40 quilt of theirs and its a awesome soft quilt and super warm that I really like even tho its pushing about 22 total ozs of weight. And when I saw their new quilts out and their pricing,,it didn't impress me one bit along with their temp ratings. However,,they will have their sales, and someone will have a discount coupon around, and they will knock the prices down and sell a bunch as they always do.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Last fall I picked up a go lite 1+ season TQ. Even for what would appear to be a summer quilt it took me down to 30* no problem. It also weighs 22oz but stated weight is 19. It lofts well. At the time they closed them out they were selling for about $120 which is a price I could not refuse. If they are anything like the previous line they are very conservatively rated but for the current prices, I doubt I would buy them. I am not sure because they are a boulder based company and tout their environmental ethics in manufacturing, but I heard somewhere their products were made in china. I could not find made in china on any of the product labels though.
    John aka Suede

I like the 30* actually. On sale I might consider one of these, though I'm pretty set on that Therm-a-rest Haven whenever I upgrade my bag.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    2.7 yrs ago,,on BP forum,,, someone posted a discount code they had received from Golite,,to everybody on the forum,,,and I used it,,and they had a sale at the same time for 50% off on their quilts,,I got lucky,,cause the code was an additional 25% off,,and picked up a 40 degree quilt of theirs for about 50-60 bucks which was a lucky shot, but everybody that was using that person's code got what they wanted with the 25% off besides what the various item was for sale. Sometimes, you just get lucky and a break on golite's sales and site for a really good discount. Honestly,,a 30 degree quilt on sale or discount, wouldn't be a bad buy as their products are really good products and very bomb proof made and they do stand behind their products they sale.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE 20 / Phoenix20
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images

Golite ultra 20

I have a GoLite Ultra 20 long which I like very much. However I wouldn't consider it a 20 deg quilt. I've had it several times in the mid to upper 20s and I was cold until I got fully dressed and put a light jacket on. My quilt says it has 382g of fill material and the new Z30 long says it has 13.1 ounces of fill weight. Since the fill weights of the 2 are almost the same, I believe they just renamed the quilt reflecting a reasonable temp rating. The construction on the new quilt looks more standard with the horizontal baffles.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    I googled golite and it came up with a 15% off until May 27th. Which appears to apply to the TQ. When I add it to my cart as it appears as $212.49

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cwford View Post
    I have a GoLite Ultra 20 long which I like very much. However I wouldn't consider it a 20 deg quilt. I've had it several times in the mid to upper 20s and I was cold until I got fully dressed and put a light jacket on. My quilt says it has 382g of fill material and the new Z30 long says it has 13.1 ounces of fill weight. Since the fill weights of the 2 are almost the same, I believe they just renamed the quilt reflecting a reasonable temp rating. The construction on the new quilt looks more standard with the horizontal baffles.
    Good points. I agree.

I noticed the fill weight listing recently, too, which wasn't initially there.

You're right that this actually looks to be about what their old 20* was, just rebranded. I find that for me, it's warm enough with a thin base layer on to about 25-30.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

• + New Posts