Finally we have Spring here, so on my weekend Motorcycle tune up tech get together, I brought my new DIY (Tablecloth) hammock. This was my first hang and I broke the cardinal rule - I didn't try everything out first (too cold and rainy).

Put up the ENO prostraps, hooked up the whoopies at both ends with my toggles and adjusted the whoopies so I got my 30 degree angle (as measured with my hand and thumb), and then left to continue working on my bike with the others.

That night, I went to hammock, and found myself slowly sink near the ground, I was still above it, so went to sleep. about 3 hours later, I woke to find I was definitely on the ground - at least my butt.

As a bonus, I also ended up on a sharp stick (hidden beneath the pine needles and grass) which went through the hammock, REI emergency blanket, and my Wal-Mart pad!

So I obviously missed something. Was I supposed to tie 2 half hitches somewhere on the whoopies?

Can I repair the puncture with tent repair tape?

Not my best first experience to be sure! I'd sure like to know what went wrong. Whoopies seem to be fine, just not sure what I did wrong.