Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    well, i'm kinda biased towards the ones i make/sell, the warbonnet blackbird of course
    There seems to be a lot of that as of late
    I'm kinda biased towards the ones you make/sell to.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by smcclown View Post
    lori thanks for the links. They are very informative. Basically I'm looking for something the right size. I'm 6' tall and ~180 lbs. I wouldn't mind a little extra space to move around but I don't want anything too heavy or bulky. Durability is a big plus for me. I'd also like something in a more 'subdued' color. It may seem trivial but, to me, bright colors just seem out of place in the woods. I think your right about being ok with pretty much whatever I choose. I'm new to it so I probably wouldn't notice the differences from one hammock to the other. I'd like to get something well built enough to last for a while. If I try it once and don't like it I figure I can probably sell it somewhere. I doubt, however, that I won't like it. The idea of suspended sleeping seems perfect for me. I can't believe I'm only now getting into this!
    Durable, roomy, with an attached bugnet... not heavy or bulky. The Warbonnet is roomier than a Hennessy Ultralight Backpacker, I know from personal experience, and you can choose between 1.1 or 1.7 ripstop; I'd bet you Brandon would also make it out of some other fabric you sent him (the benefits of ordering from a one person operation). You might also look at the Clark Hammocks. Stomach sleepers (and a passel of other folks who want the flattest lay possible) like bridge hammocks.

Hennessy bottom slit is not always to people's liking; I was mostly okay with it, but anything I had floating around in the hammock with me tended to follow me out the slit. Some folks who sleep in shorts didn't like the velcro and while this is just a matter of taking care, if you're like the walking dead at midnight like me it would result in scraped calves. I always wore long johns and didn't have an issue.

the Warbonnet is roomier, to my claustrophobe's eyes, and has the storage space of the shelf, as well as a conveniently placed full length zipper. Hanging the hammock involves no wrapping rope or serious knot tying. Mine is 1.1 double layer and weighs 24 oz. You'd end up with a Hennessy UL Explorer if you are very tall (over 6 ft) that weighs 41 oz, I suspect the Warbonnet even if made longer for you would still be less than 30 oz.

And that is the extent of my accumulated experience that i have to offer. I have seen ENO hammocks and Byers hammocks - very simple and less expensive. Haven't slept in one - of course, now I have a Blackbird there is simply no going back. It's the one thing I got this year that actually lives up to all the hype.

Hammock
    Don't have one...yet
    Lori thats great info. Thanks for help. Maybe the Warbonnet is the way to go?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I'm a newbie to hammocks too and was lucky enough to have someone from the forums here let me try out their hammocks.

I agree with everything Lori says. I personally really did not like trying to get into a hennessey. Maybe that's the problem with trying the blackbird first, everything else is a let down.

The only negative I've heard about the blackbird is the price but it is just a little bit higher but you definitely get a nicer hammock that's made in the USA.

I ended up getting the Blackbird. Whenever I have lots of choices it's always hard for me but the Blackbird was easy when I looked at everything else.

Hurry up and get in line, spring is on its way!

Hammock
    Don't have one...yet
    Thanks Chris! Looks like thats the way I'm headed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12