Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Josh,

Thanks, going to play with several set ups this week and see what works best for my hanging.
    God bless! Brent

Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.
    -- William Shakespeare

What sets a canoeing expedition apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other travel. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature.
    -- Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Ok,

This is my set up for the time being. I could go straight from the ENO Atlas tree strap to the Screwgate locking carabiner, but my thought was to add the 2nd carabiner as a drip point (I may be over thinking it), I already had the other carabineers so, I put them to use.

The newer ENO Atlas tree strap is Polyester filament material and has not stretched or sagged at all, after several uses.

I really like the Atlas straps a lot. I know the ENO Slap strap has a bad reputation for stretching and rightly so as it is made from Nylon webbing, but the Atlas straps don’t. The great thing about buying from REI, is if whatever you buy, you don’t like … take it back ! but the Atlas tree strap are going to stay as they make it fast and EZ to hang my Clark TX-250 hammock in 2 minutes. The whole set up of tarp and hammock take about 5 to 6 minutes, using a single ridgeline set up with prussic from Arrowhead Equipment for tarp … again fast and EZ.

I can fish to dark and set up in the dark with no cap flashlight if I have to. I have Wilderness Logic tarp skins and hammock bag coming soon to complete my sleeping system.

Spending the night in the Clark tonight as its supposed to get down to 35, coolest I will have tested it in current condition.

Happy hanging!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God bless! Brent

Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.
    -- William Shakespeare

What sets a canoeing expedition apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other travel. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature.
    -- Pierre Elliott Trudeau

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12