HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Janzen View Post
    The hammock is not Asym. The bug net is cut to cover the footbox. You can still sleep feet left but it's just without the foot box on that side.. Hope this helps.
    A little, I was asking if the hammock body and bugnet are just two symmetrical, rectangular pieces of fabric or if there is extra bugnet/hammock material at the foot area to allow more room when the footbox is deployed. Hopefully that clears things up a bit, looking back I can see my original question wasn't quite as clear.

Hammock
    Various
    Tarp
    Henessy Rainfly
    Insulation
    UK Hamm. Winter UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    The footbox isnīt really made of extra fabric á the WBBB. The cord sort of makes a fold in the fabric when you tighten it. The bugnet should work fine regardless of the level of tensioning in the footbox cord, havenīt tried it though. I have not disassembled the hammock (and donīt intend to) but Iīll try a get some video showing what happens with the cord. Too tired tonight after a gruelling judo workout but will hopefully make it tomorrow.

Senior Member TheIrishmanHangeth's Avatar
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tord Hoppe View Post
    The footbox isnīt really made of extra fabric á the WBBB. The cord sort of makes a fold in the fabric when you tighten it. The bugnet should work fine regardless of the level of tensioning in the footbox cord, havenīt tried it though. I have not disassembled the hammock (and donīt intend to) but Iīll try a get some video showing what happens with the cord. Too tired tonight after a gruelling judo workout but will hopefully make it tomorrow.
    Thanks Tord, I'm mainly curious about if when the cord is not attached if there is a bunch of extra floppy fabric not being used or if there is no extra fabric how big the footbox that is created is. Seems to me that if there is no extra fabric and its just a typical gathered end hammock when the cord is not used then this concept could be employed with any hammock provided there was a reinforced tieout on the side to attach the cord to.

Hammock
    Various
    Tarp
    Henessy Rainfly
    Insulation
    UK Hamm. Winter UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Right, I hope this video answers the questions. Appologies for the "wild" camera action

More details of the hammock design

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    Right, I hope this video answers the questions. Appologies for the "wild" camera action

More details of the hammock design
    That helped immensely, thank you Tord! I'm always a bit taken back by the extreme generosity on these online forums/communities. It doesn't matter that I'm on the other side of the world and you've never met me, I had a question and not only did you answer it, you took the time out of your busy day to make a whole video outlining my exact questions. Thanks again!

Hammock
    Various
    Tarp
    Henessy Rainfly
    Insulation
    UK Hamm. Winter UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    No problem, just glad to be able to give something back to the great community.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Stock EXPLR tarp
    Insulation
    Reflector
    Suspension
    Garda hitch
    No problem, just glad to be able to give something back to the great community.
    And here's me trying to give back a little bit...I got in contact with Mat over at UKHammocks to see about how neccessary the extra net fabric is in regards to strain on the hammock and net and this was his response-

Morning buddy,

The cut of the net is simple tapered so that when your inside there is no real need to use tie outs.-

I figured I'd let you know as in your video you expressed concern about the possbility of things ripping when using the bugnet without the cord attached and from Mat's response I don't think that should be an issue at all. In fact from the sounds of it I think one could take any hammock with an attached bugnet and utilize the same corded footbed system without fear of extra strain being put on the fabric and causing any kind of failure. Just thought I'd pass the info along to help put your mind at ease about the durability

Hammock
    DIY HH, DIY BB, DIY Stretchy side
    Tarp
    Any, keep you dry
    Insulation
    DIY IX + down UQs.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    This is some really good stuff guys. Thanks Tord for the video. You have a very nice place over there in Sweden. Hope all is well. Thanks again.

Ghillieshot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12