My first two nights in a Hammock

I went on a turkey hunt this weekend in Northern Arizona and spent two nights in my Hennessy Expedition Hammock. I used a therm-a-rest Z Lite Sol as my padding. I was going to sleep in my cabelas outdoors man sleeping bag but the friend of my son who came along with his very non-camping sleeping bag needed it. I used and old flannel sleeping bag with a broken zipper that worked just fine in the hammock as the shape of the hammock kept it closed.
    The weather was cool, not cold. Lows in the mid 30's and highs in the low 60's.
    slept better the second night and am now hooked on this type of camping.

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    That's how it happens. You say to yourself "hmm, I guess I can try it", and suddenly, inexplicably, you're addicted.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: My first two nights in a Hammock

And then a year from now you will look back and see that you have 5 hammocks, 2 stands and some of the best nights sleep along with some of the best memories available... There are worse ways to spend an evening I promise...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunstocker View Post
    I went on a turkey hunt this weekend in Northern Arizona and spent two nights in my Hennessy Expedition Hammock. I used a therm-a-rest Z Lite Sol as my padding. I was going to sleep in my cabelas outdoors man sleeping bag but the friend of my son who came along with his very non-camping sleeping bag needed it. I used and old flannel sleeping bag with a broken zipper that worked just fine in the hammock as the shape of the hammock kept it closed.
    The weather was cool, not cold. Lows in the mid 30's and highs in the low 60's.
    slept better the second night and am now hooked on this type of camping.
    One of my best outdoor related memories is, nearly 30 years ago now ( ) having my brand new TNF Westwind 2 man tent pitched on the very edge of the Mogollon Rim above Payson. The next morning while I was still in my bag I watched mesmerized as a big flock of turkeys flew in and roosted in the trees along side the cliff, while I was drinking my coffee! But that was before I knew about hammocks. So, I Loved reading your post and thinking about turkey hunting in northern AZ while hammock camping! Thanks for posting!
    Bill

Hammock
    Underquilts.com doublenest
    Tarp
    12x10 DIY w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie/Tree Strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    And then a year from now you will look back and see that you have 5 hammocks, 2 stands and some of the best nights sleep along with some of the best memories available... There are worse ways to spend an evening I promise...
    I often opt for my hammock over tempurpedic...
    The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.
    – Terence McKenna

Nick's Hi-Tech Pressure Washing

• + New Posts