12' diy hammock
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    warmth
    Suspension
    cinch buckle

i slept in a hammock for a week and now i can't get comfortable in a bed

i went to the beach with my family for a week. my friend and i set up our hammocks under the house and slept there the whole week. i've been back for 2 days now and haven't gotten a good night sleep in my bed. the first night was bad, i couldn't get comfortable and i felt like crap for work.

now i need to adjust the mounts in my room to fit the extra large hammock i made so i can sleep in my hammock more often.

this was our setup.

http://i.imgur.com/aLOVxaA.jpg

the one up front is the hammock i made. it makes the extra long underquilt look a bit short.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Welcome to the club, sploiz
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Yup, went and snuggled with my grand-daugther till she went to sleep. Dang near wrecked my back.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: i slept in a hammock for a week and now i can't get comfortable in a bed

I have the same problem... After a few nights I get used to it again... But it's not something I like doing, but my house won't hold mounts. Too small for stand, so I sleep outside to get ny fix...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    12' diy hammock
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    warmth
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    when sleeping in a bed my legs just don't feel as supported as they do in a hammock. i'm just tossing, turning, and waking up a few times throughout the night. its amazing how much better i sleep in a hammock. i rarely wake up in the night in the hammock. the worst part about it is that my bed is almost brand new, less than a year old. it was so comfortable when i first got it and now i wanna toss it out.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Wool, Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Thats funny, I'm in exactly the same situation right now. Just returned from a weeklong camping trip sleeping in the hammock the whole time. Once I went to bed, I didn't move at all untill I woke up in the am. Now, being back in a bed at home I toss and turn all night.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Beds suck.

Two days is my limit anymore. The pain is terrible for about twice the number of days that I slept in a bed. Got stuck a couple of nights in a Kansas snow storm a few weeks back and had to stay in a motel for two nights. It took a full week before I felt right again. Granted, they were extremely cheap mattress when they were purchased in 1954, but even the "good" beds make me hurt for at least a day.

I have definitely hit the point of no return when it comes to a sleeping surface. I can't see myself reverting to a Cro-Magnon man and sleeping in a bed again, but I do admit there are some negative aspects of sleeping in a hammock full-time. Mainly, that you can't really go back again and hotel chains have just not caught wind of how much beds suck yet.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Sheltowee 'Jemima'
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter HUGE
    Insulation
    Burrow/integrated
    Suspension
    of course!
    Images
    After our last hammock hiking trip, we got rid of the beds completely. Duffy hasn't been this rested in a very long time, and the difference is obvious. We have a bed in our camper but that's only for overnights, and I'm always more tired the next day, and in a hurry to get home to my hammock!
    Real Freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization. ~ Charles Lindbergh

It is hard to imagine going to "bed" before hammocks came into my life. I know I did, and somehow got some rest, but since last spring, actually about this time, I have been full time hammock sleeping. The only way to get me to quit will be to bury me, I have even figure out how to get in and out if I get OLD. The amusing thing to me is that my kids, their kids, all of our friends and any one else who finds out that I sleep in a hammock, all feel sorry for me. Ha, ha, the joke is on them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    The amusing thing to me is that my kids, their kids, all of our friends and any one else who finds out that I sleep in a hammock, all feel sorry for me. Ha, ha, the joke is on them.
    Some of the people at the vet hospital where Genuine Draft works offered to buy us a bed because they were concerned that she "had" to sleep in a hammock all this time. I got caught off-guard by the offer and I'm pretty sure snot came out of my nose when I laughed.

Almost certain that they were about to offer psychiatric help when I told them my hammock collection was likely worth about 3x what they paid for their fancy-what-the-doctor-recommended mattress. Luckily, I walked off before they could think of words to use in their response; just blank stares.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast