Last weekend I was trying to find the best use for a yard of Warm Window. It's a relatively thin, four layer material for making insulated window treatments, which FishinFinn wrote about last June, and I discovered last week.

When I turned in, I put the WW inside my KAQ. I got up at 0130 with CBS. The WW was too heavy for the tiny KAQ suspension cords, so air leaked in where it pulled the KAQ away from my hammock.

I removed the WW, and laid it out inside the hammock. After climbing in and getting situated, I was amazed at the immediate warmth from the Warm Window under me! Unlike a pad, it's thin enough that you don't feel it at all. It would be cool if a square of this stuff were built into the hammock, right under your bum.

I'm going to use this yard of WW for my kids. I want them to know that hammocks are always warm and cozy.

Warm Window is a good cure for CBS. You don't need a yard of it... a half yard of the stuff is light weight, and packs like a hand towel. If you face it with nylon, it could double as your sit-upon.