Thread: Hello!

Smile Hello!

Hi guys! My girlfriend came home from Guatemala a few weeks back and brought a hand woven mayan style hammock back as a gift for me. Since then i have been overwhelmed with the need to hang between two trees.

The hammock she brought back for me was handmade and I quite like it in the condition it is in so I don't want to take it outside anymore than I already have and get it dirty. Also it is quite heavy. So i have practicing some different suspension systems with it and am planning on making a couple more. One for myself (and for science) and one for my girlfriend so she can camp with me!

I also plan to make a couple tarps after I complete the hammocks and hone my knot tying and sewing skills. Eventually I will take on the project of underquilts, overquilts and a backpack! I might even look into machining an alcohol stove.

tldr:

I'm new, nice to meet you. I plan on making a 2 full 3 season rigs, would you be interested in WIP(work in progress) posts in the DIY forums?

PS: I have never done a WIP on any of my projects but i am a hobbyist photographer and so i could provide quality images and the unique insight of a learning noob.

Bring them on, we like pictures here, and of course it is always interesting to watch someone learn about hammocking.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome to the Forum and THE best way to sleep outdoors! Feel free to post our experiences as you explore your new interest, but be sure to spend some time checking out what other folks have posted. There is a LOT of experience and knowledge here, and a LOT of really great folks! If you have any questions about hammocks (especially as a noob), it's pretty much guaranteed that it's already been asked and answered here. Enjoy!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    A hand-woven Mayan hammock. Cool!

Welcome to the forums. Think of what you want to do, ask your questions - there are so many here with so many ideas to help you on your way.

Chuck

• + New Posts