Hammock
    SB Pro / SlingRings
    Tarp
    10x10 w/ Fig. 9's
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    1" PloyPro Straps
    I'd go with the 10x12. I bought a 10x10 that works good and I can set it up on the square or the diagonal depending on conditions. I get the best protection all around on the diagonal but my SB pro is a little too long for the square so I foresee me using it on the diagonal more often. When I buy again, I'll go with at least a 10x12.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Like animal control says, It's a personal choice.
    I have used:
    Treated nylon 10 X 10 Loved it.
    Treated nylon 14 x 14, it was ok, a bit too big, so I modified it to a MacCat with a 13' ridgeline & 5' sidewalls. Loved it.
    My current tarp is sil nylon 13.5' X 10' I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT!!!!!
    Even in winter, I can set up my tarp so that I can nearly stand up! I can close off BOTH ends for extra warmth. And still have room for at least one groundling.
    Come summer, I can stand UP, not even touching the tarp when I do so. I can put a family of four under my tarp, & still have room for me. This tarp gives me more options for hanging, and as my current hammock set up is 12' long, I get a bit extra coverage at each end to lessen blow in & water on my hammock ridgeline / hanging straps. Yes, I am limited to trees at least 13'*apart, but I usually like that distance anyway.

Weighs a bit more than the smaller ones, (2 Lbs) but; I, Don't, Care!**

* I can wrap part of the tarp around each tree, about a max of 3" at each end. I don't like to, but I can, & do.

**See personal choice above.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.