BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    That chocolate cheese cake was pure sinfulness. I enjoyed every bite.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    That chocolate cheese cake was pure sinfulness. I enjoyed every bite.
    The cheesecake was definitely outstanding but the winner to me was the apple dessert.... HOLY SMOKES! That was INCREDIBLE! I expected the cheesecake to be in the spotlight but the apple dessert stole the show...
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Trying to keep my head above water.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    The cheesecake was definitely outstanding but the winner to me was the apple dessert.... HOLY SMOKES! That was INCREDIBLE! I expected the cheesecake to be in the spotlight but the apple dessert stole the show...
    Speaking of Dutch Oven Desserts...

Sorry I haven't had a chance to finish up my trip report. Things have been crazy around here. My last semester of college started Monday and I have been busting my hump trying to get as much done in my C++ class as possible (4 weeks worth of assignments submitted in less than 48 hours) so I don't get behind when we go on vacation. I only have 6 more assignments to turn in and then I should be able to concentrate on what is REALLY important -- Finishing my trip report.

Oh Yeah -- and one other thing -- This is really important -- I want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT TO A FEW PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

MAC AND BAJAHANGER ---- Thank you SO, SO, SO much for shuttling people to and from the island. I know that is not how you planned to use your time and boat, but without you guys this year's trip would have been an EPIC FAILURE. so again.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

GRESH --- Thank you for donating Goat image. For those of you wondering... Gresh found and purchased (from clipartof.com) the PERFECT image we used for the Grand Prize.

BARBARA @ DEVIL WOMAN FLAGS --- Thanks for putting up with me contacting you about this order with little turn around time and being as enthusiastic about the flag as I was. You are truly wonderful to deal with and I will definitely be doing more business with you.

SWAMPFOX // JUNEBUGDAWN // BABY HOOEY --- Thanks for participating in the DUTCH OVEN DESSERT COMPETITION!!! because you, we were all winners!!!

MUSKRAT --- thanks for organizing the cooking of the “Low Country Beaufort Frogmore Boil Stew”!!!

Thanks to everyone who showed up and made this a fantastic, family friendly, hang!!!
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I'm looking forward to next year!!!! Thumbup:
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Trip Report:
    After a long week of taking care of my sick hubby, taking care of 5 girls, numerous work meetings, getting gear and food together for 8 people, I didn't think we were going to be able to make the hang. I was EXTREMELY disappointed to say the least. Hubby was feeling no better, in fact worse, and I couldn't leave him home so sick. I had sent JRLeo1 and his son, Drew, on ahead to the island with their gear and the food, with hopes that we might be able to come out for the day on Saturday. After breaking the news to the girls when they got home, I had some unhappy children on my hands. Around 5:00pm, hubby began feeling a good bit better and said we should go ahead and go to the hang. Talk about some happy girls!!! (I was pretty excited myself, too.) I quickly showered and got myself ready and loaded up the rest of the gear. We headed out and made our way to the landing. After a little bit, Mac came, along with ChickenWing, in the pontoon to give us and One Armed Bandit and his son a lift to the island. The girls were excited to ride on a boat. It was the first time for some of them. We were greeted by "the man in the skirt" as we approached the island. After unloading, there was swimming by the kids (I didn't put a toe in that cold water), supper and setting up all the hammocks...THANKS, MB!!!!
    After dark, the girls started climbing into their hammocks and got all settled in. I was able to join the other adults around the campfire and relax...ahhhh!!!!!
    Saturday morning, I made scrambled eggs and sausage in the Dutch Oven for breakfast burritos. Yum. Then the sky fell and we got soaked! Since we weren't expecting rain, I hadn't put up any tarps, so all of our gear got soaked, too. A couple of Easy Up tents were raised and round 2 of breakfast was made. After everyone's bellies were full, the forecast began to look fairly bleak. Thunderstorms were expected, so the decision was made to bail off the island and head inland since it would not be wise to cross the lake during a storm. The rest of the morning was spent swimming, playing ladder ball, breaking camp, and enjoying each other's company until it was time to load up the boat. Once again, Mac so kindly provided us with transportation across the lake. Our group was one of the first to go inland and since it would take awhile to get everyone over with multiple trips, I decided to take the girls home to get dry clothes and warm up. We returned and MB and I began making a Pumpkin Dumpkin in the Dutch Oven for the dessert contest. Also, I helped de-head shrimp and chop sausage for the boil. The other desserts were baking away and the Low Country boil simmered nearby. When that feast was dumped out onto the table, I think all of our bellies growled! Oh, boy was that some good eatin'!!!!! I think I had shrimp swimming in my eyeballs. Swampfox won a very cool flag for his yummy desserts. Sadly, it was time to say "goodbye" until the next hang. A great big THANK YOU to ChickenWing for hosting the hang, to he and Muskrat for the awesomely good shrimp and to Mac and Baja for being our Water Taxi. YOU GUYS ROCK! Our crew had a great time. Several of them thanked me when we got home and said it was the best camping trip ever...how can you argue with that?
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12