Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images

Handy Hammock stand.

So I got my Handy Hammock Stand (HHS) and finally had some time to play with it. I set it up by the supplied directions. I found them to be somewhat confusing the first time though, but the pictures really helped. The second time, it was much easier. I wanted to try one of my hammocks and use the supplied links. I also wanted to add a few lines to make set up easier. I set up the stand, and then measured and made a few lines from braided mason line. The line goes from one of the stake plates, to the main up right plate and then to the second stake plate. I tied a knot at the up right plate, so the lines would be the same length. I did this with both ends. Then, to use my hammock, I needed to lengthen the line that goes between the two up right pole plates. I measured the distance between the top of the poles, where the hammock attaches, then measured the ridgeline of my hammock, allowing for my biners and the links supplied with the HHS. Subtracted the two, and added that total to the length of the bottom line that goes between the pole plates. I wanted to be able to adjust the stand for use with different hammocks of different lengths. I removed the supplied line, tied two short pieces of mason line, to make short loops on each bottom plate, added small biners, and a length of mason line with locked Brummel loops on the ends. Set up is much easier and quicker, now.
    I then wanted to try my latest hammcok, but found that the 11' with the ridgeline, was too long and sagged to the ground. I tried my ENO DN, and then my 11' double layer stretch side both with the ridgeline removed. I tried to shorten the hammock as much as possible and keep the ends as close as possible to the up rights. It worked, and was fairly comfortable. I held the ridgeline up, and it was about 12" too short , so if it was attached, this hammock also would have left my backside on the ground.

I was a little disappointed when I first tried using my hammock with this stand, but after playing with it, and removing the ridgeline, I found that it works very well. I have not tried using a tarp yet, that will come at a later date. By adding a couple of lines with very little weight penalty, it is now very easy to set up, and I don't even need the directions anymore. I am trying to get the pics added now.........RR
    Last edited by Roadrunnr72; 05-19-2013 at 15:56.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Forgot that I also added the shock cord. These mods are the ones that Derek Hansen recommended, and I would also suggest. Pics,
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Handy Hammock stand.

Your setup looks good, RR. Life is keeping me from getting mine up.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts